PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Pics

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 09:02 AM
I dug out my parents old Digital Cammera and took two snap shots of my MR2 and some other gear with it. I'm trying to model it after the SCAR rifles in the new Ghost Recon game hence the forward mounted scope.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/breakxeggs/MR21.jpg

and a little closer

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/breakxeggs/MR22.jpg

So far all thats been done is the handle/rail has been removed, a Tasco Red Dot scoped placed forward of the hopper, and a VL VLocity hopper has been added, I don't know what else i'm going to do to it. I'm thinking about buy two tactical rails to mount of the sides of the gun for a flashlight and laser.

Sorry for the poor quality but this cammera is junk and thats the best my Media Center PC could get them.

new_Faction64
05-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey, I suggest re-mounting the handle/rail. Reason I say this is because it can be used for a sling. Find something to make a sling out of, put it through the handle/rail. It seems a lil too simple, especially since it's only a 1-point sling, but I think it's very effective, it was the only place I could get the sling I had onto.

I used mine today, and I use it mostly for when I'm handling the gun in a relaxed state (for support) and it helps a bit when the gun is shouldered also.

Try it out :D

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 03:27 PM
I might its cause with that hopper full and the CO2 on it its alittle on the heavey side but then again the only times I relax are when I find a hole in the woods somewhere to sit down for a minute, but thanks I'll have to try it out I have an old belt I can probly use.

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Alright I just got a better looking picture of my MR2, tell me what you think of it, (even though they all practicly look the same) as for the red you see on the grips, I painted the spyder logo red and decided that I'm going to paint one dot on the grip, red for every "kill" I get. So far I'm up to 7.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/breakxeggs/MR232.jpg

new_Faction64
05-26-2006, 08:09 AM
How do you like the red-dot sight? Is it helpful, and does it appear to work better at the rear or fore-end of the gun?

Just curious.

breakxeggs
05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
At the forward of the gun with the stock on you can't see the dot, when its rear mounted like that it works ALOT better. Mine still isn't fully sighted in, I think its alittle off to the right. But if you can see through it its pretty darn helpful, you keep both your eyes open when you're looking through it you get a red dot that shows up outside of the scope. It makes it easier to group your shots better. As for cosmeticly though, I like it foreward mounted, its just that stock blocks you from seeing through it because of your mask.

TenderVittles
05-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I want to post pics of my gun, but it says its too big. Any way to fix this?

new_Faction64
05-26-2006, 12:06 PM
you'll need a program to resize it. Try IrfanView

breakxeggs
05-26-2006, 04:34 PM
I want to post pics of my gun, but it says its too big. Any way to fix this?

Open it up in Paint and just click on strech/skew and type 50 in both of the two boxes.

breakxeggs
05-26-2006, 07:42 PM
OMG! AWESOME GUN!!! with that VLocity hopper.... I got five kills in one round. Doesn't help that the idiots kept coming up the same side that I was picking them off on but still!

oldnewb
05-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Just a quick question: Why not just put the sight handle back on, and mount the scope on top of that? Wouldn't that raise the sight high enough so that you could get your eye behind the sight better, even with the stock on?

breakxeggs
05-26-2006, 10:49 PM
The dove tail on the sight rail is to small for my scope, and with the VLocity hopper the sight wouldn't fit on the rail. If that didn't matter, I would so do it, but I love my VLocity hopper to much, nothing like dropping paint faster then a Halo

thebiest
06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Quote : Just a quick question: Why not just put the sight handle back on, and mount the scope on top of that? Wouldn't that raise the sight high enough so that you could get your eye behind the sight better, even with the stock on?

thats what i did, and it looks sweet.

NextoN
06-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna make a AK-47 stock to the MR2 it cant be that hard. And I'm gonna get the ak-47 expansion chamber for the mr2 I think it's gonna be really nice :)

But for those of you that uses red dots/sights isnt it hard to aim with the stock in the way? you have to push your head on the stock to aim proper?

wylde01
06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
how r u gonna make the stock and expansion chamber? post pics when you do it so i can see

breakxeggs
06-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Well they make the mag. thing and a stock would be easy you just have to make it round and with o-rings like the current stock does and also thread it so you can screw it on. As for putting the sight rail back on, the scope I have doesn't fit the mount on it. I have a weaver base'd red dot so I have to mount it on the gun's rail. But I ordered a riser rail which will raise my scope up 3/4". and Yes with the stock on and the scope not raised at all... you have to push your face onto the stock to look.

NextoN
06-23-2006, 06:08 AM
They are making the ak-47 mag. But where did you order the riser rail?
that would maybe help me not cutting the uper part of my stock..(it would break over time if im not carefull with it)

oppositesleeper
06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
where did you guys get those scopes? Ive got one but it doesnt sit up as high so i cant look through it with my mask on.

thebiest
06-24-2006, 05:26 PM
ebay, yea i cant see really well through mine, but good enough, but i would like to get a raiser for it, but their too fricken expencive for a pice of metal, im trying to find a good cheap one

breakxeggs
06-24-2006, 09:30 PM
This is the one that I ordered, but its currently on back order: http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=2

I found that you if you look for ones built for AirSoft guns you can get them for around 30 bucks. But they are all from China and crap. So I went with an american owned Arms dealer and the bigger price.