PDA

View Full Version : What size are amg expansion chamber screws?

Shocker Guy
05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
I looked in the screw sticky. I didn't see in there. I spent like 45 mins at an ace hardware trying to find it. Can any one help?

bungeye
05-24-2006, 07:41 PM
try looking in the manual, the other screw sizes are there. but your right, the screw size for my pilots x-chamnber isnt on that list either

thechubbss12
05-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Yea did you loose one? or are you just curious?

I know that there is some site that makes standard adapters for the AMG so you can put better regs on there.

Shocker Guy
05-25-2006, 10:18 AM
i have va but no screws.

druid
05-25-2006, 11:12 AM
part #44M...the two screws with washers that hold the X-Chamber in place...the sizes are not depicted in the diagram, which is why they aren't posted in my quick reference thread. A call to Kingman or an email to their tech gurus should get you the information you require. If someone has an AMG and a thread gauge, they could post the thread size and screw length for you...but I never owned an AMG so I cannot help any further but I can offer this suggestion...

Take the frame off the body and take the body to the hardware store. 10-1 odds, the threads themselves are metric. Measure the chamber length. Find a screw that fits the holes but the need to be long enough to hold the X-Chamber in place...add a washer to each screw.

Shocker Guy
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
I tryed the hardware idea. My or the guy helping me could find the right ones. But I will e-mail kingman. I'll be sure to post the size.

druid
05-25-2006, 03:25 PM
yea...add it to the 'screw thread' and I'll update the post with your info. thanks.