PDA

View Full Version : new rodeo owner

ohio.eyes
05-24-2006, 11:43 AM
hey all-

so i'm here to join the litany of new rodeo owners in asking the experienced guys about upgrades. (currently I have only added the smart-parts boss progressive 16" and am running a remote system) I'll try to be as specific as possible-

for one, i would like an e-frame and am considering the rocking trigger. is worth the high price?

two, i'm looking at the delrin ACS bolt, and i've read on other boards that they aren't worth it. opinions?

three, i'm interested in a low-cost hopper that can keep up with the rocking trigger.

Thanks!

Hob Hayward
05-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Well, some people like the rocking trigger, some people hate it, I've never used one, so I can't say, but in a situation like this, you should go to a pro-shop or a field and see if they'll let you try it out for feel before you buy it.

For the ACS, I'd suggest it unless you intend to go LP eventually, I've found that my ACS has done exactly what its supposed to do, and worked out perfectly, but others have had bad experiences, they are no good in cold weather though, I suppose they shrink too much and this causes problems.

As to a ow cost hopper that feeds fast, theres not such a thing to be found, there are a few options, but I think its not really worth up'ing to an e-hopper until you get somthing like the egg (eVlution), I say this just because the difference between it and a revvy or TSA is only like 10 or 20$ and the egg is significantly faster. Of course I've had no problems with my TSA, and its worked out well, but if I could go back in time, I would have bought the egg instead.

Oh yeah check out the ultimate spyder information website: www.ottersccustoms.com

ohio.eyes
05-24-2006, 05:20 PM
thanks alot for the advice, i'll try out the rocking trigger at the proshop, and i'm bidding on an egg hopper right now on ebay.

Also, otterscustoms is a site i'd been to before at the suggestion of other people on this board and it really lives up to the hype- i've learned a lot from that site.

Raygun
05-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Wow, wait!! So you have a Rodeo and want to upgread it to and rocking trigger with acs!! Umm, why didn't you just get the spyder electra??? You know you can even just get a regulare electric fram and up gread it with a 25-50g switch which would make it just as easy to press as the rocking trigger but without the hassle of two sensores (my oppinion!!0 But ya, i think that might actualy be cheeper!!

druid
05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
because he got a Rodeo and some of us like to tinker the crap out of our stuff...he may be one of us :D

Ohio...look for an ESP/CAMD frame and it'll bolt right up to the rodeo frame and give you <13 bps. That should suffice for now. You can do a microswitch mod and make it lighter but generally speaking, it usually already done (if you buy a used one on a forum). It may be depicted as "50 gram switch mod" or something similar. Check the sales forum here...

Frat
05-26-2006, 08:50 PM
because he got a Rodeo and some of us like to tinker the crap out of our stuff...he may be one of us

Is there really anyother reason to buy a Spyder? Rodeo will be my next purchase so I can install the zip kit I just got onto it. But back to the topic. The rocking triggers are Ok but I would not own one unless you play allot of X-ball. You can put your finger on the nub in the middle of the trigger and put out allot of balls very fast. Watch ebay of the for sale part of the forum for the trigger groups. Any e frame will mount onto the Rodeo and for all practicality again unless you play allot of X-ball 13-20 BPS will do more than you need.

Jimmyd24
06-08-2006, 10:29 AM
just to let you know, (im use ebay frequently), theres a new rocking trigger kit out from spyder that includes the rocking trigger and the acs delrin bolt, i know you can get it at my local shop for 149 but you can get it on ebay for about 124, i have a rocking trigger and i like it but it takes a while until you can get used to it