PDA

View Full Version : Lubricating spyder

anemcek
05-24-2006, 07:42 AM
When maintaining the spyder I know to lubricate all the orings with approved lubrication and usually every time I use my marker I place a few drops on the ASA and fire it through my marker but when I take it down and clean it do I have to put lube like DOW 33 on the bolt or because it's a self lubricating delrin am I fine just to leave it?

Hob Hayward
05-24-2006, 07:47 AM
For the bolt, yep, its best to leave it unoiled, as oil may swell the delrin, never happened to me, but apparently it can. You should lube the striker though.

oldnewb
05-24-2006, 09:22 AM
What about if your bolt is the stock one? Should you strip out the guts of the gun and relube the internals?

I've read through the instruction manual, and all it mentions regarding upkeep of the marker is to put a few drops of gun lube in the ASA and dry fire it a couple of times. For some reason, I have a hard time thinking that that's all there is to maintaining my MR1.

ooglieboogliebob
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
well putting it down the asa and doing a few drops will lube some of the gun ... except it won't get into the valve o-rings .. VA o-rings ... bolt o-ring ... striker o-ring ... it'll just lube it though to get the cupseal/valve pin and such .. i don't really think it does too much good .. stripping it down is the best way

bamf-hacker
05-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Yeah I agree with ooglie. Use the ASA method before a day of play, that will give you some lube, but at the end of the day break it down and clean and lube everything. That is the way to keep you gun working well for a long time.

HacKeR