PDA

View Full Version : Best Hopper

oppositesleeper
05-23-2006, 11:12 AM
I know there is a similiar post to this but im wanting to know what would be the best hopper for the mr2 marker. Willing to spend up to 150 total for the hopper. Now im really new to the sport so im not fimiliar with all the "paintball Lingo" yet so if you think i might not understand then fill me in on the details. I was gonna go with the qloader just because its a really neat concept but from what ive read most say its not a good combo with the mr2 so what should i get? The local paintball shot said to go with the evO 2 over the halo for the mr2 since it will keep up with it but i wanted to know what you guys thought. Thanks for your suggestions.

breakxeggs
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
have heard that the q-loader is a b@*$h to get to fit right on the MR2. And after this guy got his to fit he had all kinds of problems with the ACS bolt and the detent. I would go with either a Halo B or an Egg ppl seem to be having alot of success with either of those two hoppers. I personaly plan on buying a Halo B either before or after I buy the HPA tank for this beast.

Spy-Der
05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Empire Reloader B would be your best bet. It has 3 different speed settings which I don't think the Halo B has and it is sound activated. I put mine on the lowest setting figuring it's probably feeding at a rate of ~12-15 bps.

If you ever upgrade to a quicker gun, you won't have to purchase another faster hopper. Also the Reloader B just looks good, which in my opinion, you can't say about the others.

new_Faction64
05-23-2006, 03:45 PM
I got the Ricochet Apache, it loads 17-19 per second

***REASON I GOT IT*** was because since the MR2 has a 45 degree feedneck (gun comes w/ a 45 degree elbow too), it will slower in feeding than a straight neck would be, therefore I figured that POSSIBLY getting a faster loader could help, but it might not, I haven't used the gun/hopper yet, but I WILL let you know how it goes when I try it this weekend.

Others have also recommended the ViewLoader eVLution II ("Eggy").

DRAGON
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
If you want super fast that won't push balls past the detent, go for the Vlocity. They're about $120 me tinks. Zeggo is nice and around $80 and I seriously doubt you'll be shooting past 20bps in semi anyways. Q-loaders are expensive and extra loaders are like $25 each. I'm not a fan of the HALO but that's another option though with the rubber detents I'm thinking it'll double load balls -

oppositesleeper
05-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Others have also recommended the ViewLoader eVLution II ("Eggy").

thanks for the eggy comment, i didnt know that thats what eggy stood for. i looked at paintball sites for "eggy" and couldnt find crap.

ooglieboogliebob
05-24-2006, 03:36 AM
it's just called an eggy cuz it looks like an egg ... look up Evlution II ...

oppositesleeper
05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
for people who use the Evlution II do you have it set on the 19bps settings?

ooglieboogliebob
05-24-2006, 11:22 AM
... maybe ... just turn the allen key so it is ...

RollerDisco92
05-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I know there is a similiar post to this but im wanting to know what would be the best hopper for the mr2 marker. Willing to spend up to 150 total for the hopper. Now im really new to the sport so im not fimiliar with all the "paintball Lingo" yet so if you think i might not understand then fill me in on the details. I was gonna go with the qloader just because its a really neat concept but from what ive read most say its not a good combo with the mr2 so what should i get? The local paintball shot said to go with the evO 2 over the halo for the mr2 since it will keep up with it but i wanted to know what you guys thought. Thanks for your suggestions.

I have a spyder Victor 11 and use an extream rage top feed hopper. It was about $15. I personly have not handled am mr2 marker. Are you looking for a electric or just a top feed hopper?

vikingshadow
05-24-2006, 12:54 PM
The Egg with the stock board WILL NOT feed at 19 bps, I don't care what the ads say. I had one and the fastest it would go, in spurts, was about 17-18 bps at it's highest setting - and that's tested on my Shocker. Consistent feeding was about 15-17 bps. Now, with the Z board in it, I can reach 19-20 bps consistantly, and sometimes higher if there's fresh batteries in there. I've heard that 9.6 volts will make it feed a bit faster as well.

But then, no one really shoots that fast anyways, so it's more than fast enough for most markers. I personally like my Zeggy, and think it's a good loader for the money.

breakxeggs
05-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I just picked up that Viewloader VLocity I'll tell you how that works with this gun. Because if you can rember I'm the guy that thinks his ACS bolt is to darn strong. lol

oppositesleeper
05-31-2006, 12:52 AM
well i ended up getting an eggy today. I may upgrade to the z board in the future if i feel like i need it.

vikingshadow
05-31-2006, 07:12 AM
I'd recommend it whether you think you need it or not. It's a great upgrade, and if you sell it later, it could add a bit to the asking price.

The Z board doesn't just make it faster, but it turns the Egg into a sort of "force fed" loader. It spins when it detects and empty spot in front of the eyes, but once there's a ball in there, it spins an extra time to push the stack down. Not too hard, but enough to push the balls through. You can tell when you take it off your gun, the balls won't fall back into the loader...It also feeds at a higher, more consistant rate, and if I remember right, doesn't eat as many batteries (I highly recommend Duracell Ultras, if you can find them.)

Also, you get to call it a "Zeggy" which adds to it's AGG factor by 33.5 percent!

oppositesleeper
05-31-2006, 09:53 AM
any suggestions on where to get the z board and how much should i be expecting to pay. Is install something a paintball newb could do?

vikingshadow
05-31-2006, 10:01 AM
It's very simple to install. They provide very good instructions with it. I paid 20.00 for mine about 2 years ago, so it's probably cheaper than that now, or at least not the much more expensive. You could probably do a froogle search and find it pretty cheap...

breakxeggs
05-31-2006, 10:32 AM
Well my VLocity was an excelent choice to purchase, it drops faster then Halo Bs do

On th Edge
05-31-2006, 11:34 AM
I've got a Halo with a rip drive on my MR2 and it works great. It does double feed sometimes but i am replacing the ball detent to correct that problem.

wylde01
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
i have the empire reloader b on its lowest setting which is about 18 bps and have had no problems! it does not double feed or break balls. i have shot the gun as fast as i could ( most likely around 18-20) and have had no problems so overall all though alot of people say no i think that this is the best hopper to match the gun

pman15
05-31-2006, 04:48 PM
yup empire's are awesome

JamesZ28
06-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Ive got a Mr-2 and Im using a Halo, I tried a Richochet apache and it chopped paint when I tried to shoot it fast on semi, Halo solved this problem

Highbinder
06-02-2006, 09:52 PM
My two cents, I use a VLocity Viewloader and it works great. No problems keeping up in semi or full auto. I havn't chopped paint once since I got it. My only complaint about the Viewloader, and it may or may not seem silly depending on how you play, is that it is relatively load if you run out of paint, wich leaves you asking for punishment if an opposing team member hears it before you reload. I just pay a bit better attention and don't let it run dry anymore though.

breakxeggs
06-02-2006, 09:57 PM
what it should do is it should have another eye to makesure that is paint in there and when there isn't it just stops and once it detects more balls it starts spinning again.. but other then that the only complaint I have about the VLocity is its kinda tall..

Highbinder
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I can add that I feel like I've taken a few more than my share of hopper shots.