PDA

View Full Version : electronic trigger problems

happycamper
05-22-2006, 10:10 PM
hey everyone i need help i just picked up a pilot acs the other day to use for parts on my sonic, (the trigger, acs bolt, and drop forward) will i got it all together and everything was working fine for about 500 rounds i mean everything semi, burst, and auto. then my wife went to use it and it went funky (i no i shouldn't have let her but i did) i put it on semi
and when she went to fire it it would go burst even though the trigger said semi, then it started to do it to me, if i touched the trigger lightly, but also if i pull the trigger on semi
it will fire once then ill pull it again and it just clicks pull it again and it fires. I'm new to electronic triggers, but have been around paint markers for a while, so I'm not completely
a idiot, (even though i let my wife use it) but i am lost with this electronic trigger. i did read some post on this forum so i did check all the connections everything looks good. the battery was fully charged its a java, all the o rings r good and oiled. i cant think of anything else . please help! I'm going out next weekend to our local paint ball park (SC village) and would like to get this fixed before then. thank thanks thanks in advance

DRAGON
05-22-2006, 10:22 PM
It's prolly trigger bounce, it's not really going into any full auto mode. Did you adjust the trigger at all? Is there a spring on the trigger? Is this new or used?

happycamper
05-22-2006, 10:33 PM
yes i adjusted the trigger a little and there is a spring on it also .
ya i thought about trigger bounce witch it mite be, but what has me is the fire click fire click thats its doing thanks dragon

happycamper
05-22-2006, 10:34 PM
refurbed from kingman $99.95 seemed like a good deal

DRAGON
05-22-2006, 10:46 PM
well it could also be a case of the battery being under charged as far as the clicking goes or a bad capacitor. Did you charge it as long as the manual depicted? Far as the double firing goes it could be a bunch of things: worn sear, worn edge on the striker, bad o-ring on the striker, low pressure hpa tank, running out of pressure in the tank, bounce, the trigger frame not toghtened down enough. Tough to tell internet-telepathically lol -

happycamper
05-22-2006, 10:57 PM
i think the battery was charged completely i did it over night, ill check the sear and striker in the mourning but the the striker should be OK it has only been used for about 2000 rounds the sear i have no idea about since i just got it but it was from a refurbished marker, I'm using CO and it was full the frame was tight. thanks again

druid
05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok...remove the frame from the body. Open the left grip panel. The solonoid might need adjusting forward in it's pocket. Looking from above the noid, (where the body meets the frame) are 2 Allen set screws. They hold it in place. Loosen them and using a flat screwdriver, lightly push/pry the noid forward in it's pocket and then tighten them down again. Make sure it stays centered in the frame though. Reassemble the marker and retry. If it still gives you problems, try shimming the noid plate. Remove the left grip and watch the noid as you press the trigger. There's a silver disc that moves forward when the trigger's activated. Slide a dime-thick piece of something in there...BEHIND the silver disc and retry.

happycamper
05-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks druid i will definitely try this tonight when i get home, i did look at the noid and it crossed my mine if pushing it forward towards the trigger mite help because there was a little space between the noid and the frame.just wasn't sure if the noid could be moved without messing up some strange alignment, that would give me a bigger problem. thanks again

happycamper
05-24-2006, 07:43 PM
hey everyone again OK I'm back with half the problem fixed with the trigger off it works great but win i put the trigger back on the marker it shoots on semi 6 or 7 times then clicks with no fire, then if i give the cocking bolt a little tap
bada bing it works again so i would guess its not recooking all the way?? i think. thanks in advance again

spyder_lover
06-03-2006, 05:47 PM
thats what my imagine did some today iwould just be sittin there in a game sendin out a stream the click click click nothin happened so id have to turn around and check the bolt somethimes it wouldnt be fully cocked and other times a ball was sittin half way in so id turn it upside down and shake then the ball would come out or just pull the bolt back some but it did it like only 3 times so it might not happen verry often its not much to worry about if it does it every now and then but if does constantly id suggest to get a "trained personal" to help you with it