PDA

View Full Version : Spyder classic questions

kirtdog
05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I picked this up on ebay and am disassembling and cleaning it. it seems to be well taken care of. The problem is that air is escaping from the front of the marker. (see picture) I am assuming that there is an oring that needs replaced. Next problem, I can't get the part out to check it. Anyone got any ideas of how I can get it out. It looks like it should just screw out but the screwdrive slot is all chewed up a bit and I don't want to damage it any further. You will see what I am talking about in the picture.

Also, one of the allen screws that holds the trigger housing was missing...Are they a standard size?

ooglieboogliebob
05-22-2006, 07:51 PM
get a bigger screwdriver and put some torque into it :) Seems like the only way to get it out ... the last person that tightened it up musta been druid ;)

... are you saying the marker seems to leak from the barrel ?? .. i'd say cupseal then ..

kirtdog
05-22-2006, 07:52 PM
it is leaking from that screw

ooglieboogliebob
05-22-2006, 07:56 PM
oh !!! ... then your gonna havta unscrew it and put some teflon tape around it ... should make a good seal :)

Raygun
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Ok, if the marker is leaking from between the body and the trigger frame then you proly need to change the oring on the valve body which is easier then you might think. If you need help on that you can go here..... http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html and check out how to remove the valve body and put it back in your gun safly. If it isn't leaking from there then it could be the oring on the LP chamber or expansion chamber as well. Locate the leak a little clearer and i can help you a little more!!

kirtdog
05-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks ray...I got the screw out. The leak is coming out from that where it screws in. I was told to try to put teflon tape on it.

added text to the picture to point out where the leak is.

ooglieboogliebob
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Ok, if the marker is leaking from between the body and the trigger frame then you proly need to change the oring on the valve body which is easier then you might think. If you need help on that you can go here..... http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html and check out how to remove the valve body and put it back in your gun safly. If it isn't leaking from there then it could be the oring on the LP chamber or expansion chamber as well. Locate the leak a little clearer and i can help you a little more!!

Too bad he doesn't have a low pressure chamber or even an expansion chamber ... :rolleyes:

kirtdog
05-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah..this one is old school :)

Raygun
05-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Ahh something happend to my big explanation of the problem and it never posted it!! :( Anyways!! i'll just write in the quick version!! Check once again to make sure your not leaking from between the marker body and the trigger frame. If you are also leaking there then for sure its the valve body and easy to fix, but if your only leaking form the screw then you proly just need a New Washer for the screw and a new screw wouldn't do any harm!! lol But ya, if thats the only leak then a new Washer should do it!! If not then tell me!!

PS: Never Ever use tape!! That the worst idea ever!!! The air pressure will break right trought it and just cause a mess!!

kirtdog
05-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Replaced the oring with one off of a spare tank and it works good as new. Leak is solved for now. :)

Raygun
05-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Great!! Anything else just PM me or write a new post!! Cool!!

snowman
06-04-2006, 06:40 PM
don't use teflon tape use pst it will aid you if you need to remove it again