PDA

View Full Version : 12 Problems and Questions of a new owner...

new_Faction64
05-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey guys, I have several questions regarding my new MR2.
**Please number your replies in correspondence to my questions**

1. What can be done about the exposed bolt/reciever? I'd like to have safe operation with out having the stock on, what can I use to cover this hole?

2. For the STOCK's SCREW, is it supposed to not fit so well, and kinda chip off paint? It seems rather difficult to screw in, but I'm pretty sure it is screwing in properly, it's just rubbing hard against the side of the screw head retention area and paint is coming off.

3. The stock part w/ the o-rings that goes into the back of the gun, is paint supposed to chip off this? First few times I placed it in, a bunch of black paint chipped off, some getting into the gun. Is this normal?

4. Battery, is it regular for it to make the grip stick out in an odd way?

5. What is the item above the Fire-Mode selection slider? It looks like an LED or some sort of motion or light detection device, what is it?

6. ***ACS BOLT*** Is it OK to touch with my hands, or will the oils from my hands make it swell? What other materials other than paintball gun oil can make it swell? Why does it feel like plastic, I have never handled Delrin, is it normal for it to feel like this?

7. ***DETENT*** Am I correct in my knoweledge that a black detent coming with the gun is the proper detent (the non-faulty one)?

8. Trigger screws, what do I use to make the pullback to the microswitch shorter? I'm loving it so far, because before now I had a mech. Spyder, but I'm greedy :D

9. Stock, why are there two screw threaded areas in between the o-rings on the part of the stock you place into the gun, one is obviously to screw the side screw into, but what the heck is the top one for? You cannot rotate the stock, so what is the screw-threaded area's purpose?

10. What type of rails are these? Like the measurements/names?

11. **STRIKER** the manual says I only need to place oil drops into the ASA , but should I place them on the striker o-ring also? I know this may sound kinda silly, but bear w/ me.

12. Is this marker supposed to be this awesome? :D

To finish it off, please don't get me wrong people, I'm very optimistic about this gun, and I'm confident in it even though I haven't used it yet, I'm very excited :D Just wanted to know some of these small things so I knew how to handle them properly. Much much thanks.

DRAGON
05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
1. What can be done about the exposed bolt/reciever? I'd like to have safe operation with out having the stock on, what can I use to cover this hole?

Since the bolt does not protrude out the back of the marker, what's not safe about it? If you're speaking of the fact that it's opened, rear cocking Spyder's never had a prob with the back being completely opened nor should your M2. If it really buggs you chop the butt stock off about 1/8" past the point where it meets the rear of the body. Voila, instant back cap -

2. For the STOCK's SCREW, is it supposed to not fit so well, and kinda chip off paint? It seems rather difficult to screw in, but I'm pretty sure it is screwing in properly, it's just rubbing hard against the side of the screw head retention area and paint is coming off.

Loosen the screw of the right plate and move the plate downward while the screw for the stock is in place. Center the plate hole for the screw and tighten the screw of the plate back down. Looks like a slight geometry flaw by the designer exactly where the hole was placed and they didn't fix it -

3. The stock part w/ the o-rings that goes into the back of the gun, is paint supposed to chip off this? First few times I placed it in, a bunch of black paint chipped off, some getting into the gun. Is this normal?

There is no paint on the stock so I don't know what you're talking about -

You prolly have the wires between the grip and battery. Arrange them so they aren't

5. What is the item above the Fire-Mode selection slider? It looks like an LED or some sort of motion or light detection device, what is it?

It's the charger port - :p

6. ***ACS BOLT*** Is it OK to touch with my hands, or will the oils from my hands make it swell? What other materials other than paintball gun oil can make it swell? Why does it feel like plastic, I have never handled Delrin, is it normal for it to feel like this?

Long as you don't oil it up and play with it it shouldn't swell. Oooooo, that didn't sound Kosher did it? - :rolleyes:

7. ***DETENT*** Am I correct in my knoweledge that a black detent coming with the gun is the proper detent (the non-faulty one)?

Ya black is koo -

8. Trigger screws, what do I use to make the pullback to the microswitch shorter? I'm loving it so far, because before now I had a mech. Spyder, but I'm greedy

The allen wrench that was provided with your marker -

9. Stock, why are there two screw threaded areas in between the o-rings on the part of the stock you place into the gun, one is obviously to screw the side screw into, but what the heck is the top one for? You cannot rotate the stock, so what is the screw-threaded area's purpose?

That's for gangsters. You know how they need to have things sideways like shooting pistols and stuff to be koo. They can use that hole to have the stock sideways and be.....koo -

Hmmmm.....got me there. You're looking at them not me. Have no idea what you're typing about -

11. **STRIKER** the manual says I only need to place oil drops into the ASA , but should I place them on the striker o-ring also? I know this may sound kinda silly, but bear w/ me.

I would -

12. Is this marker supposed to be this awesome?

Well you seem to have one.......is it? -

breakxeggs
05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey guys, I have several questions regarding my new MR2.
**Please number your replies in correspondence to my questions**

8. Trigger screws, what do I use to make the pullback to the microswitch shorter? I'm loving it so far, because before now I had a mech. Spyder, but I'm greedy :D

12. Is this marker supposed to be this awesome? :D

To finish it off, please don't get me wrong people, I'm very optimistic about this gun, and I'm confident in it even though I haven't used it yet, I'm very excited :D Just wanted to know some of these small things so I knew how to handle them properly. Much much thanks.

1. It is safe to operate the gun with out the stock but I have heard that with the stock it creates a better seal so that air deffinitly wont excape.

2. My stock screw doesn't fit well and scrapes paint because of the lock washer on the screw. It might be that but if not then the hole just might be alittle smaller.

3. I don't know about that problem my stock isn't chipping any paint on it, are you sure that it has like one or two drops of oil on it so it slides in alittle more smoothly.

4. The battery might be doing that to your grips because its not sitting flat in the holder. You might have other wires tucked behind it and that could cause the battery to not sit right making your grip look alittle distorted.

5. That item is the were you plug in the charger to charge your battery after a hard day of play. When you play I suggest you charge the battery the night before you play or a few hours before you do.

6. The ACS bolt is okay to touch with your hands as long as you re-oil it when you put it back into your gun. The oils on your hands shouldn't effect the bolt in anyway. But make sure the spring in the bolt isn't super tight, because if it is you have to wear it in by stuffing a rag into the feed neck and firing the gun about 500 times.

7. That is correct the black detent is the good detent, but if you gun is still double feeding get a new detent.

8. If you flip the gun upside down so that the bottem of the gun is facing the sky/ceiling you will see a set screw on the top of the trigger frame right infront of the trigger, that is the one you use to get your trigger closer to the switch. The set screw on the trigger to lessen the after pull of the trigger.

9. I have no friggin' clue about that one...

10. I don't know but I took off the rail/handle from mine in order to mount a Tasco Red Dot Sight be sure you know that info if you decide to get a scope so you can put it on your rail/handle.

11. I put oil on it.

12. Yes it is.

new_Faction64
05-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks both of you, that helped tremendously :D

My last few comments to DRAGON: #9, the funny thing is, it won't fit sideways, so it's kinda odd, and there is no top screw.

That's pretty much it, thanks very very much guys, you gave me all the answers I needed :D , unfortunately you do not win a prize. lol

About the stock chipping paint, the area between the o-rings is where it is happening, I never oiled it (don't have any oil yet), but yeah, it noticably chipped, w/e, it's no big problem, it seems to have stopped, and you don't see it anyway.

DRAGON
05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
.......... unfortunately you do not win a prize. lol.....

**DRAGON promptly puts new_Faction64 on penthouse ****list -** :mad: