PDA

View Full Version : stubborn hat brim?

colonel_moo
05-22-2006, 05:14 PM
well, i just got a new hat, and it came with a flat brim, and since i hate people who wear their hats flat, i go through the normal process of curving it; leave it curved in a cup overnight. so i take it out the next day, and after a few minutes of wearing it, its back to almost flat. i repeat this for the next few days/nights and its still refusing to stay curved.

i know i know, this is a lame thread but does anyone have any suggestions of how to keep the brim curved?

marvin-martian
05-22-2006, 05:16 PM
put a rubber band on it overnight

durrell
05-22-2006, 05:22 PM
If it's one of those fitted hats like the ones at Foot Locker, you know, the gangster ones..then it may not ever curve like you want it to..

colonel_moo
05-22-2006, 05:27 PM
its a fitted hat, but its a Umass one, and i dont think a college hat would be made for gangsters :lol:

marvin: ill try the elastic thing, but i donno how well that will work if the cup thing didnt work. i have a livestrong bracelet and 3 other elastics on it now.

UKwithPride
05-22-2006, 05:33 PM
there are things you can buy that bend them, and are adjustable to what you want the bend like.

vikingshadow
05-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Wet it down, then shape it and let it dry overnight.

Hossy
05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Wet it down, then shape it and let it dry overnight.

vikes right...wetting it will make the brim stay..but make shure u have it how u want it exactly...because if u keep messing with it after the water drys or whatever...it will ruin the brim

Nader
05-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, use the cup, but put super hot water in it, and then leave it overnight.

druid
05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
is the center cardboard or plastic? Plastic...use a hairdryer on HOT when you mould it into the curve you want

colonel_moo
05-23-2006, 11:43 AM
yeah, i was thinking about wetting it down, but i wasnt sure if that would deform/warp it in ways i didnt want when it dried. ill try that tonight. druid: im assuming its cardboard, but i dont know for sure.