PDA

View Full Version : new mr2, barrels and hoppers

batnan
05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
zup, i am a new to da sport and would like some suggestions, i played wit my mr2 sat. and wasnt getting the range i wanted, balls were dropping just before my target. i read about the apex barrel wit the adjustible tip. i was wondering if the apex would help wit that and what kind of hopper would work best in full auto, i have an empire the one thats sound activated.

breakxeggs
05-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Don't use Full-auto you can fire just as fast/faster in semi-auto. Plus three round burst and full-auto waste more air (Three round more so then full) As for the balls dropping just before your target try turing your velocity up alittle bit. And I don't know squat about the Apex barrel but it looks like a total pile of junk that they are falsly advertising.

Raygun
05-22-2006, 08:30 PM
If you want more range and accuracy, maybe you could get the spyder Pilot ACS or another electric gun. I'm not sure that a new barrel would help that much, but it just might, i haven't tried that yet. But for full auto, go to an online paintball store and search for 'electric hoppers' and get a good one thats in your price range!! A little more gas is worth the fun of full auto!!

batnan
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
thanx for the info. ill let u guys know bout the apex.

Eric182
05-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I own an apex barrel and it is NOT false advertising. It does everything they say it will do including the bank shots, dive bombs, and long range. With the tip set to 8 clicks forward, it can shoot a ball 300 feet easily.

batnan
05-24-2006, 06:01 PM
NICE!!! thats what i was hoping to hear thanx.

breakxeggs
05-24-2006, 08:17 PM
I'll let you know how my new VL VLocity works after I use it either tomarrow or tomarrow and friday.

new_Faction64
05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
zup, i am a new to da sport and would like some suggestions, i played wit my mr2 sat. and wasnt getting the range i wanted, balls were dropping just before my target. i read about the apex barrel wit the adjustible tip. i was wondering if the apex would help wit that and what kind of hopper would work best in full auto, i have an empire the one thats sound activated.

Honestly, if you can't get the paintballs far enough, even by angling the gun 45*, your probably long balling anyway, get closer to your target, it will help your game.

dombolp
05-25-2006, 02:14 PM
apex barrels suck i just sold mine on ebay it was a waste of time/money they shoot 300 feet but they are so unconstent.. its not even funny stock acs barrel is better than apex

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Alright as for the VL VLoctiy, it took care of the chopping problem I had so I figure that all that was happening was the ACS bolt was over working. As for the hopper, it makes the gun noticeably heavier. The two 9 volts that it takes make ALOT of nose so I found some foam and cut three small peices and stuffed them in there so the batteries don't move anymore. On our last round after I shot my friend I put the gun pointing straight up in the air and shot off the remaing 10-15 balls and it was still feeding wonderfuly that way. So if you have $130 to spend on a hopper, get the VLocity.

Eric182
05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Once you get past the initial learning curve of the apex and really get some practice with it, its an amazing barrel that adds another dimension to your game.

I used to think it was a bit gimmicky when I first got it, but after i used it for a few days, I learned how to fully optimize the features of it. At my local feild, we have a field that is sort of like a world war 1 type level with trenches and such, and I clean up on that field. I use the "dive bomb" effect to drop balls down into the other teams trech when I can't even see them and just rack up the eliminations.

batnan
05-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Once you get past the initial learning curve of the apex and really get some practice with it, its an amazing barrel that adds another dimension to your game.

I used to think it was a bit gimmicky when I first got it, but after i used it for a few days, I learned how to fully optimize the features of it. At my local feild, we have a field that is sort of like a world war 1 type level with trenches and such, and I clean up on that field. I use the "dive bomb" effect to drop balls down into the other teams trech when I can't even see them and just rack up the eliminations.

do u have any tips on how to use the apex i should get mine by 2morrow and i plan 2 use it on sat.

Eric182
05-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Umm, Not really.
Keep the little tab facing upwards with about 4 or five clicks to make it effective at medium ranges, and only put it the full 8 clicks foreward for extreme distances (200ft +).
It takes a little getting used to to get the full advantage of it, but after a few days you'll love it.

Hambone
05-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Not sure if this helps but I did use J&J ceramic 14" barrel last weekend and I noticed a significant difference over stock barrel. I liked it so much that I ordered one online. I can't wait to go out this weekend and light up my buddies. I will also be using my new Halo B hopper so I will keep my fingers crossed that it performs better than stock hopper that came with the gun.

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Don't you worry buddy, unless your Halo B is going to fall apart it will be SO much better.

Mach1
05-27-2006, 09:56 AM
The Apex is amazing. I just leave it on flatline and my shots go where I want them to go.

Expensive but definitely worth the range you get.

breakxeggs
05-27-2006, 10:58 AM
How long untill Special Ops Paintball starts coming out with kits for the MR2?

new_Faction64
05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
How long untill Special Ops Paintball starts coming out with kits for the MR2?

Who knows, they are very Tippmann oriented.

breakxeggs
05-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Who knows, they are very Tippmann oriented.

Sadly

batnan
05-29-2006, 10:39 PM
hey fellas i did ok with da apex, it does need some getting used 2, but was able to lay down some good cover fire with the dive bomb and side shots but the long rane shots were very scattered. i went back to the original barrel @ the end of the day.

oldnewb
05-29-2006, 11:15 PM
So... if you try and replicate the effects of a flatline barrel with an Apex, the accuracy and consistency suffers? Just how bad was it?

I'd like to hear about this, since I was just in a paintball store recently looking at one. The guy behind the counter went on about how much more accurate it was, even at super long range... of course, he WAS trying to upsell me from the Smart Parts Linear I was looking at.

breakxeggs
05-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Wait, Linear barrels fit this gun? if so, I'm so getting one. But I have heard they crap out after awhile.

On th Edge
05-31-2006, 10:40 AM
So... if you try and replicate the effects of a flatline barrel with an Apex, the accuracy and consistency suffers? Just how bad was it?

I'd like to hear about this, since I was just in a paintball store recently looking at one. The guy behind the counter went on about how much more accurate it was, even at super long range... of course, he WAS trying to upsell me from the Smart Parts Linear I was looking at.

i have an apex on mine, if you put it on the furthest setting it has distance but the accuracy fails but my range was longer than my friend's a5 with flatline. with about 4 or 5 clicks i was consistently hitting within about the size of maybe 2 coke cans. that wasnt fast shooting though, at a higher rate of fire i was in about the size of a gallon paint can. so no complaints from me about it