PDA

View Full Version : ACS needs broken in

breakxeggs
05-22-2006, 08:41 AM
How the heck do I break in my ACS bolt? I know I have to put something infront of it causing the ACS to do its stuff but do I have to keep recocking it after time I pull the trigger? I know after I do this my chopping problem will be eradicated and then I can focus on the double feed problem.

druid
05-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Stuff a barrel swab in the barrel/breech or a wash cloth down the feedneck. Or you can just take the bolt out and manipulate it by hand

breakxeggs
05-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Thank you alot

oppositesleeper
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
about how long does it take the break it in? Im kinda new to paintball and this is my first gun...

breakxeggs
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
What is the best way to wear this spring in because I'm getting tired with recocking the gun after I pull the trigger and I'm also getting tired of pushing the spring up and down on the bolt itself.

new_Faction64
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
either do the cloth thing, by sticking something into the breech, and firing it 500 times, or work the spring manually, 500 times, which is difficult.

Either way.

breakxeggs
05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
uuuggghhh this is taking FOREVER! its like a two day process lol... It doesn't feel like its getting any more loose.

Hob Hayward
05-23-2006, 05:49 PM
You won't feel itgetting looser, but it will work. Just watch tv and take the bolt out and push it down a ton, thats what I did...

breakxeggs
05-23-2006, 07:35 PM
that seems kinda odd though... I have just a regular 200 round hopper, could that be causing the breaks because this bolt is DAMN tight and it doesn't feel any looser. could it be that I am just shooting to fast and the hopper can't keep up? My friend had a Imagine he bought the ACS bolt for and that spring is like 10 times looser then this one is. Is that a problem at all because I played today and broke like six balls and almost threw the gun I was so angry. I NEED HELP WITH THIS BOLT ISSUE

big_daddy_d
05-23-2006, 07:46 PM
get a full tank of CO2 or compressed air, stick a swab down the feedneck, cock your bolt and fire away. Then you don't have to recock the marrker every time you pull the trigger. Should make it a little easier and faster of a process for you. Think smarter not harder young grasshopper...

breakxeggs
05-23-2006, 07:49 PM
get a full tank of CO2 or compressed air, stick a swab down the feedneck, cock your bolt and fire away. Then you don't have to recock the marrker every time you pull the trigger.

I tried that with the handle of a screwdriver down the feedneck and I had to recock it after every shot. So if I try it with something squishy (aka rag or swab) it should do it no problem?

breakxeggs
05-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Alright when I put the rag in the gun and shot on full auto my gun started getting coated in frost. anyone else's gun do that?

Hob Hayward
05-24-2006, 07:01 AM
It cuz your pulling liquid co2 into the internals of the gun from firing so fast, aim the gun upwards while you do it and it might help.

IF you really think itts too stiff call up kingman, maybe they'll send you a new one.

breakxeggs
05-24-2006, 08:28 AM
I think I just might try and get a new bolt because I used an entire 20oz. can of CO2 shooting it with a rag in the feedneck. But I think I'm going to get a VLocity and if it chops again then I'm so getting a new bolt. I wish someone knew how strong this bolt is supposed to be.

new_Faction64
05-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Do it manually with your hands (covered hands), it took me 8 minutes, it's NOT worth the C02

breakxeggs
05-24-2006, 08:11 PM
I just bought my Viewloader VLocity hopper today, I'll inform you all tomarrow or friday about the chopping problem if its still persisting or not. I think with this addition to the gun I shouldn't be able to out shoot the feed. I figured that the ACS bolt was over working in the gun and causeing some chops. But we'll see how this bad boy handles.

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM
found the problem, the ACS bolt was over working and I was outshooting my hopper. The VLocity hopper fixed that problem

new_Faction64
05-25-2006, 04:50 PM
found the problem, the ACS bolt was over working and I was outshooting my hopper. The VLocity hopper fixed that problem

What do you mean over-working? If the ACS bolt was working properly, it shouldn't have chopped if the ball wasn't in all the way.

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 05:07 PM
What do you mean over-working? If the ACS bolt was working properly, it shouldn't have chopped if the ball wasn't in all the way.

shh it makes me feel better when I say over working lol. I don't exactly know what it was doing but I know it doesn't chop anymore.

sk8erkid530
06-16-2006, 10:05 PM
wat kinda swab and how many times.......ya im getting an electra and i hear its an asome gun when u brake in the bolt.

breakxeggs
06-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I used a rag. and shot it about 500 times

Highbinder
06-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Here's a thought, if you just take off your grip/trigger assembly by removing the two large bolts that hold it on, the gun can't stay cocked. At that point, you could pull back the T-cocker, stuff a rag/swab in, and then it would be allot easier to just work the spring just by push/pulling the cocker repeatedly. Just thought that myght be easier to grip than those little nubs on the bolt itself.