PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade commercial

G_O_O_D_Y17
05-22-2006, 04:00 AM
i dont know why but i love baseball and when i saw this gatorade commercial with soccer players and "take me out to the ballgame" playing i about puked. around here soccer and baseball dont go hand in hand and that kind of made me sick.

marvin-martian
05-22-2006, 04:57 AM
the point of the commercial was to show the disrespect our national team gets when they play, yet we can overcome it all with the help of gatorade. i personally didnt heard the take me out the ball game, but if it is there, its probally just to add more of an american bias.

there isnt any point in getting upset about it.

colonel_moo
05-22-2006, 10:54 AM
you almost puked because they played a song about baseball at a soccer game? thats a pretty stupid reason to get upset...

Moe
05-22-2006, 04:56 PM
just because all the baseball kids at your school hate all the soccer "grass fairies", doesnt mean everyone in the whole world does......get over it.

UKwithPride
05-22-2006, 04:57 PM
just because all the baseball kids at your school hate all the soccer "grass fairies", doesnt mean everyone in the whole world does......get over it.
Lol, never heard that term before.

G_O_O_D_Y17
05-22-2006, 06:46 PM
yea soccer isnt even an american sport. you can have it.

TheRedBarron
05-22-2006, 06:52 PM
The point of playing that song is to show how much america is disrespected in terms of soccer, when you think american sports you think baseball do you not? the song in the background is just showing that "this is a whole new ballgame" baseball players dont get that kind of disrespect and they were trying to illustrate that....

although IMO baseball > soccer :p
but personally I think this gatorade ad is > any other that they have done so far.

G_O_O_D_Y17
05-22-2006, 07:00 PM
why is it that american soccer doesnt get respect, i guess i was being facetious when i said puked but i dont think soccer should use baseballs success.

TheRedBarron
05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Soccer isnt using it, they are simply just showing what it says at the end of their ad "this is a whole new ballgame"

and soccer isnt respected because europe has long been the dominating force in soccer, and actually when you talk rivalries in american sports they dont even come close to the intensity that europeans have when it comes to "their game" this and our longstanding relationship with being > the world, mixes together with europe being a driving force, they hate american soccer players, and their intensity is so much greater then anything our athletes see as are their fans intensity. I hope im not just rambling.... but all of this mix to create a very hostile enviroment in europe for our boys who kick the ball.

G_O_O_D_Y17
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
how is it a whole new ballgame whats different about it this one commercial is not going to earn american soccer respect, if we wnat respect then we have to shut up and go kick some butt, not make a commercial on why we should get respect or show that we dont get respect. i guess thats the way i see it.

G_O_O_D_Y17
05-22-2006, 07:22 PM
u cant just have respect you have to earn it, u cant just expect respect like some americans (not all) do just because you live in america, respect is hard earned.

Nader
05-22-2006, 11:11 PM
So the american team hasn't earned ANY respect?
I mean, they're good contenders for the world cup, they made it from being a fledgeling team, to being one of the top ten palced in the world cup.
You're right, respect is earned, earned by hard work, and by winning games, which is what they did. Give respect where respect is due.
Don't hold off just because you don't like a sport you obviously know very little about.

All that commercial does is illustrate the fact that the U.S. team is ragged on by almost all European teams because of it's "newness" to the sport, and encourage the viewer to support it's National Soccer team.

Soccer is very American, just look at the number of soccer players around. What makes it American is the people who play it, not the naysayers that discourage the sport because either they don't like that a newer sport is recieving so much attention, or they just don't like change.

That's my say on it. And I liked the commercial. Alot.

marvin-martian
05-23-2006, 02:49 AM
so ignorance doesnt equal bliss i guess

Sandman_Bravo
05-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Grass Fairies... LOL :roflmao:

thechubbss12
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Ahhh im sorry ive played baseball for 11 years, football for 9, and paintball for 3. I still have no problem with this comercial.... So what... we got a new sport that europe has been playing for who knows how long...

Personaly i dont care what sport someone plays just as long as it is something athletic and keeping our nation from getting anymore obiese.... becasue its United we stand NOT United we sit (cause our children are so fat they couldnt even run a mile)

TacTownKilla
05-23-2006, 04:03 PM
meh joga bonita> gatorade ads

Seems like some people must be drinking haterade in here though :dodgy:

G_O_O_D_Y17
05-23-2006, 07:26 PM
ya i dont really care i guess i was just getting opinions a lot of people at my school have beentalking negative of the commercial to put it nicely and i know my school isnt the world but i wanted to hear what u had to say, but if u think im a jerk i understand.

TacTownKilla
05-24-2006, 08:33 AM
ya i dont really care i guess i was just getting opinions a lot of people at my school have beentalking negative of the commercial to put it nicely and i know my school isnt the world but i wanted to hear what u had to say, but if u think im a jerk i understand.

Im happy you under stand :dodgy:

No one thinks your a jerk because your skewl doesnt like a commercial.