PDA

View Full Version : Help with identification

kirtdog
05-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know what model this is? Will the newer parts fit on this?

DRAGON
05-20-2006, 09:54 PM
That appears to be an old fatty striker Compact of the sort. Just my guess anyways -

The striker is different so the current e-frames will have probs. Bolts should work, barrels will work, valves will work.....really don't know what you plan to do with it -

kirtdog
05-20-2006, 10:01 PM
looks like the one this guy is trying to identify
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1878

is it an original? I got it cheap on ebay. I just wanted to modernize it a bit if possible. Maybe a front grip and a few other things. Any suggestions?

DRAGON
05-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Well there ya go....a Classic. It needs a special VA for a gas through. You'll just have to search around for one. They may even offer a kit somewhere. I have no idea right off hand where you'll be able to find one. Click some of the links here and see what you come up with http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=341

kirtdog
05-20-2006, 10:17 PM
May sound a little dumb but VA???? not sure what it stands for :)

thanks for the help dragon...I am glad I stumbled accross this forum.

DRAGON
05-20-2006, 10:51 PM
VA = vertical adapter. It's the thing the gas through grip will need to screw into. It is held into the hole where the line now goes into by a screw like thingy with a hole in it to let the pressure run through. As I stated, you can prolly find a kit with everything you need but that's old schtuff so you will have to search around for it. On the pessimistic side, you may not find it lol -

Another option is to call Kingman at 1-888-kingman and ask them if they have something of the sort -

kirtdog
05-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks dragon...I may be better off just buying a newer gun. I got this just to see how I like paintball and the price was right. It also came with two tanks, paintballs, and the hopper which made it that much more appealing. One more question...The oring where the tank screws on needs replace. Is that something I can get at lowe's? Any links for a manual for this thing?

Thanks again dragon. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

DRAGON
05-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Thanks dragon...I may be better off just buying a newer gun..........

If you want to upgrade I agree. Get yourself something like an Imagine and keep that one as backup. Tank o-rings, you'll need to get from a pro shop. You may even find then at some of those chain sporting goods if they sell paintball stuff. No you won't find them at Home Depot or the sort. Step out of the forums at www.spyder.tv and there are manuals, look around for them -

snowman
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
i don't remember the model# but a guy that plays where i do has one with a e lcd trigger that seems to work well

BESERKER
09-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I Was Gonna Ask The Same Question-what Model-as I Look At The Pic I Realised I Have The Exact Same Gun,i Believe It Is A First Model Spyder Xtra-i Will Post A Pic Later Today.