Sandman_Bravo
05-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm happy to say I've completed my low pressure conversionon my '05 Pilot ACS:

J&J S2 ceramic barrel
Check-it 15* assault block
Dark Horizon titanium striker
Bandit Bolts hi-flo valve
Alamo Paintball "bullit" valve cup seal and modified stock valve pin
32* spring kit (light/black valve spring, medium/silver main spring)
Dye 750 gauge
Empire regulator
Macro line & fittings
Smart Parts hpa on/off valve
Dye sticky 3 grips
Trinity locking feed neck clamp
Empire Re-loader

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG0001.jpg

All that's left to order is a Sundragon Paintball switch and trigger.
I've gotten the best results at around 325 psi, any lower than 300 and it burps/won't re-cock. I still can take more off the valve pin though. I'm happier than a pig in $l-lit today!:dancingman:

druid
05-20-2006, 02:35 PM
remember...set your velocity adjuster to it's mid point and reduce the psi to recocking failure. Then increase it (in conjunction with a chrono) and set your fps to around your desired speed (+/- 10 fps below it). Micromanage the fps at the velocity adjuster. That is your optimum setting.

Sandman_Bravo
05-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanx Druid, that's exactly what I did. I took a little more off the valve pin and got it recocking solidly at 260 psi. I don't know if it was the pin work or warming the gun up. (when I was dialing it in initially it was getting frosty around the reg, va, and volumizer.)
I posted some pics at the picture pages, wish I was better with my camera and photo editing software.

Halucin8
05-21-2006, 06:21 AM
how many shots are you getting form your tank now at what pressure are you gonna leave it at? this is all done with the stock acs bolt also? did you do anythign to the bolt to get it seal better or just leave it as it was?

Sandman_Bravo
05-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Today it has been rainy & cold (hi 40's) so it's been tough to get a final tuned in pressure. I don't have a chrono here but it's shooting good at around 325psi. I can go lower, but there's a noticeable drop in velocity. (plus it gets really quieter- just a low puff) I have the stock ACS bolt and it's working fine I think.

Sandman_Bravo
05-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Just tested a full 12oz tank today: approx. 1200 balls. I bought a cheap box of Zap (I know they're junk, good for targets) extreme sport recreation series balls- 1800 count (3 bags). I shot almost all of 2 of the three bags on the 12oz. tank.

Hob Hayward
05-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Wow, thats awesome efficiency, you'll be getting near 2000 to a 20 oz...

Sandman_Bravo
05-23-2006, 04:58 PM
There was some of the second bag left, but it was less than a tube-full.