PDA

View Full Version : Paint

Jimmyd24
05-19-2006, 08:55 PM
I have a 20in progressive barrel and it seems that every paint I try is to big, do u guys know of any paint that is like super small

bigred76
05-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Here (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html)is a bore guide chart. What paints have you been using? I never had a problem with too small of a bore when I had my Progressive... :crazy:

Skidds
05-23-2006, 02:08 AM
I have a 20in progressive barrel and it seems that every paint I try is to big, do u guys know of any paint that is like super small
Wow 20 inch... thats is too long, you shouldnt go over 16, I use 14. But for paint I use RPS, PMI and EVIL that are .689 these are on the smaller side so they should work good for you.

thechubbss12
05-23-2006, 04:28 AM
I think the reason your are asking this question is becasue you are getting alot of barrel breaks..... With a LONG barrel like that lots of barrel breaks are expected, no matter what paint size you are using.... so either buy a shorter barrel or just live with barrel breaks all the time....

bamf-hacker
05-25-2006, 07:08 AM
easy way to find out if your breaks are because of the long barrel or bad paint/bore match...

take a handful of balls and put one in the barrel at a time. Blow the ball out, kind of like a blow gun. If the ball just rolls out of the barrel with no blowing then the bore is too big. If you try to blow the ball out and it gets stuck then the bore is too small. And if you can blow the ball out with little effort, but it does not get stuck or roll right out then your paint/bore match is good.

If the balls get stuck then try a smaller bore paint from the chart BigRed provided. If they just roll out or you can blow them out easily, is most likely your barrel. Try a shorter barrel. (i say borrow one before you buy one to try it)

HacKeR

Jimmyd24
05-25-2006, 02:30 PM
im not experiencing barrel breaks, like hacker said when i try to roll one of the balls through the barrel, they get stuck, im currently using midnigh(draxxus) and they are the smallest I can find but they too are a wee bit big

Sandman_Bravo
05-25-2006, 04:21 PM
try game face scorch, they are small and fly well.