PDA

View Full Version : Compressed Air

Jimmyd24
05-19-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a question, what is the big difference between CO2 and N2. What is so great about N2 that makes it cost so much.

colonel_moo
05-19-2006, 07:43 PM
they are different because c02 is a liquid in the tank that needs to expand into a gas before it reaches your gun, whereas HPA/N2 is a gas the entire time, and doesnt need to expand. N2 is better because sometimes the c02 doesnt expand quick enough, and you freeze up your orings etc (more of a problem on high end guns, because you have solenoids to worry about) and N2 is also much more consistent, cleaner, and overall better for your gun. most high end guns will not even run on co2 because all the impurities clog up the solenoids, and freeze everything up.

Hob Hayward
05-19-2006, 08:25 PM
The real reason for n2/hpa tanks costing so much is because the HPA is compressed at 3000 or 4500 psi, and needs a regulator to convert that to the operating pressure of your marker, which is 800psi on a spyder. With co2 though, it is stored as a liquid, because co2 condenses at aproximately 800 psi on ~70* weather and it continually expands as more of the gas leaves the tank. But like colonel moo said, you can outshoot the decompression rate of co2, and the liquid will enter your gun which =bad. However as bad as co2 might seem, it really is fine, and isn't as unpure as alot of people say it is.

So stick with co2, unless you have plenty of money and can easily get your tank filled...

vikingshadow
05-20-2006, 03:17 AM
You forgot to say that the tanks are built a bit differently as well - well, the carbon fiber ones, anyways - to withstand the higher pressures.

And it just LOOKS cooler!

Jimmyd24
07-01-2006, 08:09 PM
what type of n2 tank should i get with my rodeo w/rocking trigger. i heard that there are two types of n2 tanks low pressure and high pressure? wut is the difference

marvin-martian
07-01-2006, 08:21 PM
you would need a high pressure tank. only get an LP tank if youre going to use it on a marker with a super low operating pressure, such as an angel.