PDA

View Full Version : 15 degree comfort level

Slammed0
05-18-2006, 07:46 PM
So my next step in a few days was a Palmer regulator and an Assault Block. Well, I guess the Assault Block takes your regulator and pushes it forward 15 degrees if I'm not mistaken.

My question is, how is that for comfortablility? Can anybody vouch for this? I was hoping a few of you had this mod done and give me some heads up on it. Thanks!

TheTownIdiot
05-18-2006, 07:55 PM
I wanted to get it done for my spyder, but never did. I do however have an 05 prostock with a 15 VA and i love it. it is byfar more comfortable than just a straigt reg IMO. i dont think youll be dissapionted

ooglieboogliebob
05-18-2006, 08:03 PM
it is comfortable to me .. and is high flowing also .. but it's really just personal preference

Nader
05-18-2006, 08:34 PM
see if you can try one out before you buy one, just to see what your preference is.

bigred76
05-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I liked mine on my Spyder Imagine, and I now am loving it on my Autococker. It's a preference thing, though. My brother absolutely hates the 15*, which I don't mind because it means that he wont try to use my guns. :D

druid
05-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I hated it too but it's the performance that matters...isn't it?

Hob Hayward
05-19-2006, 03:08 AM
Yeah, for somthijng more comfy, the trinity is a reverse design. ANyone know of a good place to buy one though?

thechubbss12
05-19-2006, 03:15 AM
Yea i thought mine was cool but sometimes you wish you didnt have it in torney play.. try to stay tight but you realy cant casue your hands are so far apart....

Other then that i loved it..

Chris Cole
05-19-2006, 07:06 AM
I hated it. But it's a preference thing.

druid
05-19-2006, 08:42 AM
TRINITY HERE (http://www.anythingxtreme.com/pbse.aspx?SearchIn=1&Type=1&SearchField=2&selLimit=150&Keywords=Trinity)

Hob Hayward
05-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I <3 you druid, I couldn't find a good site to buy one, now I'm happy, gonna place an order from there tonight.

Slammed0
05-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks guys! I guess I will just have to take a chance with it. Cause I want performance. I don't know of anybody around here that may have it to where I could try it. Too bad they didn't make one that was just normal (straight).

Ares
05-19-2006, 05:33 PM
logically, ergonomically:
forward 15* is for use with a drop
vertical is for any type of asa
reverse 15* is for direct mount asa

vikingshadow
05-20-2006, 03:01 AM
I have one on my spyder that I haven't used in forever, but honestly didn't notice a difference in regular rec play or in the woods. It was ok, but I wouldn't say comfortable or uncomfortable.

I really don't have a desire to add anything 15* to any of my other guns, but after thinking about it, I can see what chubbs12 was saying up there about tightness...

If you want a high flowing 90* V/A, look around for a Dragun VA from a TES or T1. The highest flowing one out there, in my opinion, even more than the assault block. The assault block has a HUGE hole drilled in it which makes it good, but the Dragun one is pretty much a gaping cavern....no restriction whatsoever.

Slammed0
05-20-2006, 10:55 AM
I have one on my spyder that I haven't used in forever, but honestly didn't notice a difference in regular rec play or in the woods. It was ok, but I wouldn't say comfortable or uncomfortable.

I really don't have a desire to add anything 15* to any of my other guns, but after thinking about it, I can see what chubbs12 was saying up there about tightness...

If you want a high flowing 90* V/A, look around for a Dragun VA from a TES or T1. The highest flowing one out there, in my opinion, even more than the assault block. The assault block has a HUGE hole drilled in it which makes it good, but the Dragun one is pretty much a gaping cavern....no restriction whatsoever.

Cool. So I take it the V/A will still fit a Spyder? Do you have a link by chance to somewhere I could purchase this V/A? I looked around but couldn't find one.

DyNasty9
05-20-2006, 11:17 AM
i have one on my rodeo and its pretty comfortable. the little finger slot thing is nice, so your not really holding the reg but more of the block. hard to explian. sometimes it is hard to play tight but i cant remember well

druid
05-20-2006, 01:18 PM
I <3 you druid,

That's probably the first time anyone on here's said that...

...and ergonomically speaking....a 15* forward cant on a VA puts your hand at a weird angle and pulls your elbow away from your torso like a shotgun shooter (not to that extreme, it's more of an example). The Trinity -10* cant allows the hand to remain in the same plane as the forearm, allowing for a more comfy hold. It allows you to tuck your elbow into your torso batter than the assault block.

Now like I said in another post somewhere...there are 2 versions of Trinity. The 1st has a phallus-looking low pressure chamber with a rounded tip/end. The 2nd version has an LPC that's pointed like you see on the assault block. Try to get version 2. It's supposed to be higher flowing than the 1st version and the VA threads were changed to accept other aftermarket LPCs (unlike the V1).

I had two V1 Trinities and had to drill them out for better air flow. The aluminum is really thick and hard to drill through.

DRAGON
05-20-2006, 01:42 PM
...and ergonomically speaking....a 15* forward cant on a VA puts your hand at a weird angle and pulls your elbow away from your torso like a shotgun shooter (not to that extreme, it's more of an example). The Trinity -10* cant allows the hand to remain in the same plane as the forearm, allowing for a more comfy hold. It allows you to tuck your elbow into your torso batter than the assault block........

I totally agree about the angle. Forward for me anyways is a bit uncomfortable. Backward helps keep your elbows to your sides and steadies your shots not to mention the good looks. I almost got a Trinity but I've heard some of them have leakage probs similar to the Dragun VA's. That to me illustrates a QC prob with the product and I'm not willing to roll the dice to possibly get a bad one -

Slammed0
05-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Well damn! Now I don't know what to get :lol:

Hob Hayward
05-21-2006, 01:18 PM
It'd be nice if you could get a simple vertical high flow one...

Slammed0
05-21-2006, 01:26 PM

:yeahthat:

vikingshadow
05-21-2006, 03:02 PM
:yeahthat:
If you want a high flowing 90* V/A, look around for a Dragun VA from a TES or T1. The highest flowing one out there, in my opinion, even more than the assault block.
Um, looky what I found in this thread....

*EM1-Master*
05-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Haha as long as you don't get a 15* ASA and a 90* frame at the same time, you should love it... Me? went from a straight ASA with .45 frame on a B2K4 straight to a 15* ASA with a 90* OTB frame... It totally threw off my aim, and there was a LOT of adjusting involved... Haha but overall, 15* is very comfortable. Much moreso than a straight.

Slammed0
05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Um, looky what I found in this thread....

Hmm, must have missed my post on how easy they are to find. :D

vwjimmy
05-22-2006, 05:45 PM
i love the 15* angle......
loosens me up (I still can't hit anything though :( hehehe)
90* and reverse felt too tight...

Skidds
05-23-2006, 01:11 AM
So my next step in a few days was a Palmer regulator and an Assault Block. Well, I guess the Assault Block takes your regulator and pushes it forward 15 degrees if I'm not mistaken.

My question is, how is that for comfortablility? Can anybody vouch for this? I was hoping a few of you had this mod done and give me some heads up on it. Thanks!
I have the CIP assault block on my E-99 and it is very comfortable. My Fenix also comes from kingman stock with the regulator on a 15 degree angle like the CIP. You will like the 15 degree slant. It is better than straight.