PDA

View Full Version : Hopper advice!!

McDivot09
05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Wassup you guys i just bought a 2006 spyder xtra with a bunch of upgrades....the gun will supposedly shoot about 30 balls per second but i cant push it to its limit because i only have a stock gravity feed hopper. If any of you have any advice on what kind of hopper i should get please reply to this!!!!!

pman15
05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
eggy 2 wit z-board it rocks!

ooglieboogliebob
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
i dunno what crackhead told you that the xtra would shoot 30bps ... and most people can't shoot 20bps, some people may be able to do it at bursts, but thats with an electronic frame, and not a mechy frame like yours ....

The shake and bake hoppers .. aka gravity feed hoppers can usually feed only 6 bps until it stops feeding, and you have to shake it .... get a revvy for now ... since you just have a mechy frame ...

pman15
05-18-2006, 05:02 PM
ya who ever told u the xtra could shoot 30bps is quite the retard then. u should go with electric hoppers in order to be very close to 30bps{if it's possible}

McDivot09
05-18-2006, 07:32 PM
sorry you guys but i kinda left out the little detail that my gun has been converted into an electronic frame....i uploaded some pics on here to show you......

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13722283359.jpg&s=f5

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13722314737.jpg&s=f5

big_daddy_d
05-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Get a Z boarded Eggy, that will keep up with the stock frame.

pman15
05-19-2006, 01:06 PM
ah yes the rocking trigger,now that makes it able to shoot 30bps

big_daddy_d
05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
no the rocking trigger is capable of firing 30 bps, if you have fingers that fast :dodgy:I want to see a vid...

pman15
05-19-2006, 07:03 PM
no the rocking trigger is capable of firing 30 bps, if you have fingers that fast :dodgy:I want to see a vid...

true,very true, btw here's a video of a rocking trigger http://www.darksidevideo.org/search/Rocking+Trigger/0/wm/AAC3DA99-BFA5-4D6A-8AC6-A31462D68794.htm

vikingshadow
05-20-2006, 03:56 AM
My question is: Why do companies create and market guns that supposedly shoot this fast?

Yes, the frame is capable of shooting that fast, yet I don't think the gun is capable of it in it's current configuration, let alone your fingers not being able to move that fast. I feel it's, once again, a marketing ploy to the idiot masses who believe balls per second is more important than the game...It's been my experience that people can't tell the difference anyways! If you'll keep track and watch, people will start off saying they're shooting say 15 bps. The next weekend, they MIRACULOUSLY shoot 20 bps, with bursts up to 25-30.....PUH-LEEZE!!! There used to be a site where you can listen to what each bps sounds like. It really opened my eyes! I realized I was only shooting consistantly around 13-15 bps, more the 13 than anything.

My T1's were all advertised to shoot 30 bps, yet I had to change the bolt, the regulator, the trigger, the modes, put a qev on it, etc, to make it capable of shooting consistantly at a higher rate of speed in Turbo mode, without half cycling, that is. My TES was the same way.

Tournaments almost everywhere now cap the bps rate at 15 or so, mainly due to insurance regulations, but also in an effort to curb "cheating." Fields are putting caps on rec ballers for the same reason. Not to mention that the physical limit of a human beings fingers is somewhere near 17-18 bps, then the only good 30 bps will do is for showing off or cheating. Top that off with the only way you can get there, IF you have a loader capable of feeding that fast, is to use ramping, or any one of the different modes now available to almost anyone with an electronic gun.

Now, I'm not pulling a holier-than-thou attitude, because as you know, I play(ed) in ramping tournaments and I'm all for ramping if it's within the rules. However, I think it is unnecessary to shoot faster than 15 bps...if you can't hold someone in with that much paint, then maybe speedball isn't your thing...

So my question again is, Why put so much effort to develop, market and sell guns with this high rate of fire, when all paintballers know, or should know, that the excess speed is a waste?

I hate it when I can't sleep - I end up thinking about stuff like this!

druid
05-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I've said it before vike...marketing ploys to ensnare the young and naive...

Ares
05-20-2006, 05:21 PM
if you are unsponsored you will end up shooting slower if u want to play the whole day anyway

vwjimmy
05-21-2006, 03:11 PM
if you are unsponsored you will end up shooting slower if u want to play the whole day anyway
Exactly! My fenix with T board and eyes can eat enough paint to put my whole family on the soup line on Monday!
Anyway, whats wrong with the hopper in the vid?

McDivot09
05-21-2006, 06:14 PM
ok you guys are gettin a little off subject here with my thread.....and please dont argue or debate over marketing ploys in here....thanks!!

TStites
06-27-2006, 04:16 AM
I am wanting to upgrade my frame Is that frame tournament legal how well does it work in semi-auto

McDivot09
06-27-2006, 06:30 AM
To answer your question about tourney legal--
it depends on what field you are playing at because some fields dont allow it and some do.

To answer the question on semi auto--
yea it works great...its great for noobs because it makes you work your fingers more...

BUT.....i sold mine to my little brother because mine effed up and got jammed....and i wanted a regular trigger because it doesnt give you very much feedback when you pull the trigger it just barely taps and fire away.......but its all personal preference...but if you want to shoot faster i say buy it