PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Electra

HeLLrAzOr
05-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Is the Spyder Electra with the rocking trigger a tourney gun?:confused:

pman15
05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
um i really don't know the answer to that but i'd imagine not,but it looks like the newest electra coming out is a tourney gun. but ya know that's why there are upgrades so u can turn it into a tourney gun

druid
05-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Is the Spyder Electra with the rocking trigger a tourney gun?:confused:

I don't know...would you take it into a tourney? Try reading the various rules and see for yourself....

LINKS TO RULES (http://www.ultratwistedpaintball.com/rulebooks.htm)

or

RULES TOO (http://www.pspevents.com/uploads/PSP2006RulesGeneralRev5.pdf)

electraballr
05-20-2006, 04:18 AM
i hear and i have experienced for myself, that it is legal in nppl, psp, nxl, and then its legal in every rec tourney, and every tourny at local fields. iv been to alot they said every field set it for legal. its the same thing cause when u take out the tourny lock, then the 2 contact points move to the center of the trigger, so then its 1 contact point and even if you do that roll your fingers trick, it only shoots once. so i dont know why every1 thinks its not...

electraballr
05-20-2006, 04:25 AM
. Markers
3.1. Players may carry a single, .68 caliber, pump or semi automatic paintball marker that includes a single barrel and a single trigger.
3.2. A marker covered in whole or in part by a material of an absorbent or padded nature is illegal.
3.3. A trigger is a movable lever that causes a marker to fire when force is applied directly to the trigger in a vector parallel to the vertical plane of the marker. A marker that can be caused to fire by any other means is illegal.
3.4. A trigger guard that is unaltered from the manufacturer’s original form must protect the trigger of the marker.
3.5. A marker may fire at a maximum rate of fifteen balls per second.
3.5.1. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one paintball within 60 milliseconds will receive a gross penalty.
3.5.2. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one paintball within 65 milliseconds will be assessed a minor penalty.
3.5.3. A player who carries a marker onto the field of play that can shoot more than one paintball within 60 milliseconds will receive a gross penalty and a minor suspension.
3.6. A marker may fire no more than three shots per press and release of the trigger, and no more than three shots between presses of the trigger. A player who carries a marker onto the field of play that fires more than three shots per press and release of the trigger, or more than three shots between two presses of the trigger, will receive a gross penalty and a minor suspension.
3.7. A marker that has not been fired within the previous second may fire no more than one shot per press and release of the trigger until after the marker has been fired three times. A player who caries a marker onto the field of play that will fire more than one shot per press and release of the trigger before the marker is fired three times will receive a gross penalty and a minor suspension.
3.8. A marker with settings, whether mechanical, pneumatic, or electronic, that may be adjusted without the use of tools to allow the marker to operate in an illegal manner is illegal. A player who operates buttons, switches, valves or other adjustable device on a marker on the field of play without the permission of a judge will be assessed a minor penalty. The team of a player who operates buttons, switches, valves or other adjustable device on a marker on the field of play after being instructed to provide the marker to an official, or prior to being instructed to do so, will receive a gross penalty and that player will receive a minor suspension.
3.9. Marker barrels may be equipped with porting, but may not have a sound suppressor attached or integral to the construction of the barrel.
3.10. A marker with any valve, expansion chamber, or other item or device except a barrel or screw-in air source that may be adjusted on the field of play to increase or decrease velocity without the use of tools is illegal.
3.11. Any person possessing a marker that is attached to an air source, does not have a barrel sock properly installed over the end of the barrel, is not at a designated chronograph station being chronographed and is not on the field of play during, in the 10 seconds prior to, or immediately after a game, will be assessed a minor penalty.
3.12. Any illegal marker is not allowed on the field of play. Players carrying an illegal marker on the field of play will be assessed a minor penalty. A player bringing an illegal marker onto the field of play after being informed by a judge that the marker is illegal will be assessed a gross penalty.
3.13. Any player whose marker has been modified from the manufacturer’s original form to disguise its mode of operation or to allow the player to change the mode of operation on the field without the use of tools will receive a major suspension.
3.14. A marker may be confiscated by a head or Ultimate judge for inspection at any time, and may be kept for up to three days following the conclusion of the event.

vikingshadow
05-20-2006, 04:25 AM
so i dont know why every1 thinks its not...

Well, in answer to your question: there's a tournament series around here where the rocking trigger is not legal. I'll stick with the "just read the rules of the tournament you're going to play in" thought....

electraballr
05-20-2006, 04:30 AM
its still 1 shot per pull, and when u take out the tourney lock, then modes cannot be changed. so were set with the rocking trigger. the psp rules are used in every field with air bunkers. also with that twist velocity thing, as long as u have the velocity tourney scriw, then your set.

vikingshadow
05-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Edit *** My post may have come across as harsh - here's the PC version.

I'm not arguing whether the frame is legal or not. I don't care one way or the other since I don't have one, nor do I want one. You're arguing with me that it's legal everywhere no matter what, but that's just not true. The tournament series I have actually been a part of says it's NOT legal, so you can't use them IN THAT TOURNAMENT.

All I'm trying to say is to just check the rules of the tournament you're playing in. It's not that difficult a concept. Oh, and by the way, not all tournaments that use air bunkers play PSP rules. I don't even begin to understand where you came up with that. I have played in several tournaments, all with air bunkers, and they have had different rules in each of them. There are other tournaments besides the PSP, the NPPL and the CFOA.

You just can't download a set of rules for one or two tournaments and expect it to cover all of the tournaments in the world. It just doesn't work that way. That'd be like saying the speed limit is 80 on the interstate, so it's ok to go 80 in a school zone. Different areas, different rules. Same thing in paintball. Different tournaments, different rules. It's safest to check with the tournament promoter first. That way, you know for sure.