PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning

divvichild
05-17-2006, 08:17 PM
What is the best way to clean ur barrel?
I can get the paint out of the main part, but what is the best technique to get the paint out of the porting?
Is water ok to do it with?
I have a teardrop, if its made of aluminum, it wont rust. correct?

Muddytaco
05-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I have used water on my aluminum barrels for years it won't do anything bad, and yes aluminum won't rust.

druid
05-17-2006, 08:35 PM
throw it in a tub of hot soapy water

thechubbss12
05-18-2006, 03:30 AM
"throw it"

LOL yea dont forget to make sure and do what druid said LOL....

No dont actuly throw it but rise good in the tub of water lol...

vikingshadow
05-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Put it in the dishwasher. I've been doing that for years! I put all my gear, except my uniforms and lenses and tanks in the dishwasher. Just turn off the heat dry!

newkid
05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I dont know if I would wanna do that...I mean do you put ur dishes in there

vikingshadow
05-19-2006, 03:48 AM
It's a dishwasher - self cleaning. Think about it - you put gross, dirty dishes in there and they get washed clean, then take them out and put more dishes in there. Duh!

I've been doing it for years, ever since I read an article about it! It's the best and fastest way to do it.

Now, if you're on the field and you want to get paint out of the porting, push the end of your barrel into a bunker and shoot (without paint) a few times. It pushes the paint out through the ports...

divvichild
05-19-2006, 07:19 PM
ok, thnx for that tip viking. That will prob be a useful techinque.

pman15
05-19-2006, 07:41 PM
It's a dishwasher - self cleaning. Think about it - you put gross, dirty dishes in there and they get washed clean, then take them out and put more dishes in there. Duh!

I've been doing it for years, ever since I read an article about it! It's the best and fastest way to do it.

Now, if you're on the field and you want to get paint out of the porting, push the end of your barrel into a bunker and shoot (without paint) a few times. It pushes the paint out through the ports...

when u put the duh!'s u should have put the duh!'s smiley:doah:

DRAGON
05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I use home made swabs to clean the inner main barrel surface out then if the porting has anything in it I just use an old toothbrush to get into the porting with -

vikingshadow
05-20-2006, 02:13 AM
when u put the duh!'s u should have put the duh!'s smiley:doah:

What's with you and smileys? That's the DOH smiley, as in I (the poster) made a boo boo...

:rolleyes: