PDA

View Full Version : Coolio!

Nader
05-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey for you skype users, Skype is free inside the USA and Canada for all phones now, not just other Skype Users....hooray for free phone service!

colonel_moo
05-17-2006, 02:10 PM
it might help to tell us what skype is/where we can get it. i realize its a phone service, but more details please!

vikingshadow
05-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Skype.com

I have it downloaded on all our school phones in my building and my home phone. You can place long distance phone calls (used to be from computer to computer, but apparantly now it's open to phones!) totally free and it's as clear as a bell. Also can use a web cam as well. It's really cool!

bamf-hacker
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
it might help to tell us what skype is/where we can get it. i realize its a phone service, but more details please!

Skype is IP telephony. Kind of like Vonage, but you use the net instead of an adapter to connect. It used to be great for free long distance calls to other Skype users, but apparently now you can call non-Skype users for free.

HacKeR

DexGtr
05-17-2006, 02:24 PM
AT & T is going to shut that down...just wait. :D

vikingshadow
05-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Yup - we've been waiting for them to do this for awhile. There are over 2 million people in the world that use it (according to their statistics) and a lot of people in the US - the last time something like this happened, they were shut down in a hurry! I think they would have been better off staying in the computer to computer biz, and not going to phones....

DyNasty9
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey for you skype users, Skype is free inside the USA and Canada for all phones now, not just other Skype Users....hooray for free phone service!
red stripe hooray for beer. hooray.:p :p

sorry made me think of the red stripe commercials with the jamacan guy:D

xtraking
05-17-2006, 04:24 PM
the skype logo should change, its been blue for awhile now

Nader
05-17-2006, 09:37 PM
What's the matter with blue huh?

And hopefully they won't shut down Skype....that'd be lame.
Also, Skpye itself said it would only do free calls until the end of the year. Maybe that will allow them to get away with it......

xtraking
05-18-2006, 02:36 AM
What's the matter with blue huh?

And hopefully they won't shut down Skype....that'd be lame.
Also, Skpye itself said it would only do free calls until the end of the year. Maybe that will allow them to get away with it......
no i meant on here, its the red logo, and skype is now blue...

Nader
05-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Ah, I see...