PDA

View Full Version : Help me ID this mystery Barrel (pics)

Prospekt
05-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Check this out... I got this for free with a cocker I bought at a paintball forum (Torontopaintball.com)

It's one piece (yes, it looks like two), cocker threaded, and takes large paint (I checked it with my barrel kit). It has a lot of porting, about 123 holes or something like that. It's somewhat quiet, the front is a lighter metal (probably alum.) and the back is hardcore heavy, like stainless steel or something. You could give someone a good clunk on the head with this thing (as a proshop tech pointed out when I asked him).

I took these pics and edited them.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/Prospekt89/1938961d.jpg

And here's the logo. "TP" with a crosshair through the T.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/Prospekt89/7bd08bb4.jpg

I'm thinking TP could stand for:

Trinity Paintball?
Two piece?

vikingshadow
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Tactical Performance, perhaps?

Prospekt
06-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Nobody else has any idea huh. It must be pretty old school or something.

TheRedBarron
06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
TP sounds like Trinity Paintball, or top performance never seen one of those though.

Santy
06-06-2006, 01:10 PM
its not trinity, my local shop has a few of em, they are mad heavy in the back and like you said they are a huge bore.

EDIT: Just called the proshop, the crosshair is an "O", and it is an OTP barrel.

OTP = On Target Products

ShadowX
06-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Ahh.. Good job Santy.. That is diffenately a cool looking barrel, I wonder if it shoots good?

Prospekt
06-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey, nice! Thanks a lot for the help, and for your question about how well it shoots, all I have is small bore paint so it's very inconsistent. Once I find some larger paint I'll try it out.

Edit: Found the manufacturer on Pbreview.com. Looks like this is an OTP G1 barrel, suggested retail is about 70 bucks. It's apparently a two piece, I guess mine has siezed.

I also figured out why it's inconsistent. It needs inserts, which I don't have. The first half inch of the inside of the barrel is really wide so you can slide the insert in. Unfortunately I don't have any inserts so the paintball hit's the edge of the wide part every time it goes through the barrel. Too bad really. I would have liked to use it, but I'll be needing some inserts.

Berserker
07-31-2006, 06:13 AM
u need to get a 21 inch sniper barel. best barel there is. but i dont got any inserts for it. do i need to get them?

bamf-hacker
07-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Buddy this thread died on 06-19-2006, 12:18 PM

No need to revive old threads.

If you have a question about a barrel then search for the answer first then if you can't find the answer by all means start a new thread with your question.

As for your question, you need to get a barrel that accepts inserts to use them. You cant just take a Freak insert and put it in a CP barrel (just an example), it wont work.