PDA

View Full Version : Ball Detents

anemcek
05-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on ball detent maintenance. Things like what does wear look like, how long until you have to think about replacing them, anything like that. Thanks.

Spy-Der
05-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Well I don't know about what a worn out detent might look like, but if you begin to chop a lot more frequently, that's one of the first places I'd check.

You can feel if it's real flimsy or not. I think I read somewhere it should last 7-8 thousand pb's, I could be way off though.

druid
05-17-2006, 08:31 AM
plastic housing, metal spring and a metal ball bearing. Qtip and rubbing alcohol and a drop of oil for the spring.

bamf-hacker
05-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I replace my detents right off the bat. I like the kila magnetic detents because they don't wear out. If you change them with Kila's then you don't need to worry about them wearing out, but if you drop a ball in the breach and it rolls right out of the barrel or with very little pressure rolls out then the detents are done. It also depends on your loader. A gravity fed loader puts much less, if any, pressure on the ball in the breach. A force fed loader puts a lot of pressure on the ball stack and older, more worn detents may not keep the ball in place.

HacKeR