PDA

View Full Version : Mr2 Accuracy???

jmin012
05-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Is this gun accurate with a 14-16" barrel? I was wondering because it looks a littly husky, lol and in most MR2 pictures that i could find, they have the fattest/short barrels on it. I was jus wondering...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ooglieboogliebob
05-16-2006, 08:08 PM
.... get 12-14 inch barrel .. always the best sizes im most people opinions ... for the type of barrel ... go to ottersccustoms.com .. and go to the barrel faq .. or use this search :)

new_Faction64
05-17-2006, 04:15 AM
Supposedly at stock (read www.pbreview.com ) the MR2 is very accurate, I'm about to be a proud owner of one, so I'll hopefully find out.

Spy-Der
05-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Mine's pretty accurate stock. I just installed the J&J ceramic barrel and went out to shoot it and oddly enough, it seemed to lose accuracy just a little bit.

I don't think it had anything to do with the barrel though, I think my CO2 tank was running low and the balls were just dropping off and I was using cheap pb's my cousin bought from w-mart.

Pitbullfan76
05-20-2006, 08:42 PM
I am happy to say that I was able to test fire my new MR2 this afternoon and found it to be very accurate right out of the box.

new_Faction64
05-20-2006, 09:57 PM
I am happy to say that I was able to test fire my new MR2 this afternoon and found it to be very accurate right out of the box.

C02 or Nitro?

breakxeggs
05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm not even going to get another barrel I find this gun accurate enough.

Highbinder
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
The stock barrel is fairly accurate in my oppinion, but since I'm just a freak like that, I had to go out and get an aftermarket barrel. I got myself a J&J ceramic to try out, most likely tomorrow. I'll share my experience when I do.

wylde01
06-03-2006, 07:40 AM
when i pulled mine out of the box and tested it out, it was as accurate as my barrel kit was with my old gun! im using a remote kit and nitro

Highbinder
06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, I used my J&J today. Not a very drastic difference I have to say, but I will say this... roughly 3k rounds fired and not a single break or chop. MR2=ball chopper?? I think not, least not mine. I would have a barrel break average of about 1/1000 rounds with my stock barrel. Not allot, but about 1 more than anybody wants. I also put RainX in my barrel now, got the tip from an old vet. Makes for less friction, less friction should equal higher accuracy, and if you do happen to have a barrel break, it will clear much easier when you are in a pinch.

NextoN
06-05-2006, 06:48 AM
With cheap balls the J&J is a major improvment (like me)

oldnewb
06-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I also put RainX in my barrel now, got the tip from an old vet. Makes for less friction, less friction should equal higher accuracy, and if you do happen to have a barrel break, it will clear much easier when you are in a pinch.

Really? Isn't RainX that stuff you put on your car windshield? I've never thought of that... it might be worth trying, except I'd be paranoid about putting any kind of solution inside my barrel... it would be a pain to clean out if it didn't work.

How long have you been using the stuff? Does it make a noticeable difference? What's the best way to apply the stuff? I have to admit, you've definately piqued my interest.

TheRogueGnome
06-05-2006, 12:47 PM
yea im very intrested in those results..it sounds liek a good idea/bad idea

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
anyone know of any SmartParts barrels that fit this gun with the shroud on.

qttravis2
06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
yeah i got my Mr2 a week ago....got a 20in SP Lin on it...kicks ass....

qttravis2
06-06-2006, 12:29 PM
u can take the Shroud off....u dont need it....

Highbinder
06-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Ok yes, RainX is the stuff you put on car windshields. It's basically like a mild wax. I've actually heard of some people using turtle wax in their barrel. I just started using it and it works great for me. I have a friend who runs Renegade Paintball, a woodsball field in northern Cal. He uses it on his gun and all his rentals. As far as removing it, and cleaner that would cut the wax would work, for example, dawn dish soap. I just squirt some on a barrel swab to apply it, let is sit for a minute, then swab it with a dry swab to a shine.

Highbinder
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
u can take the Shroud off....u dont need it....

Yeah Q, you can take the shroud off and still have a perfectly functional MR2, but if you are anything like me and bought your MR2 partly because of the style it has, then taking the shroud off takes allot of the style away from it. Just my oppinion.

qttravis2
06-06-2006, 12:43 PM
yeah i would agree...but i like the MR2 alot..and still took everything off it...front grip and all....looks good and works well...

new_Faction64
06-06-2006, 12:48 PM
What gas-thru grips are you guys replacing the foregrips with?

breakxeggs
06-06-2006, 02:26 PM
I want to keep the shroud on but do any of you know of any SP barrels that fit through the shroud?

wylde01
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
i dont think any SP barrels will fit with the shroud on. Hey Q, do you think you can post some pics of your gun? i would like to see what the mr2 looks like with most of the stuff missing

new_Faction64
06-06-2006, 04:04 PM
i dont think any SP barrels will fit with the shroud on. Hey Q, do you think you can post some pics of your gun? i would like to see what the mr2 looks like with most of the stuff missing

I think he has some of a previous thread of mine, try doign a search.

qttravis2
06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
how do i post pics...im new to this...i got some on my myspace....

qttravis2
06-06-2006, 10:30 PM
well what i did..is i got my Co2 hooked right up to the gun....like u would wit an A5....u know what im saying...like a lil 9er....works well but with a 20in barrel u need to bring a few...lol....but yeah im trying diff things wit the gun...moven thing around on it....will put up pics as soon as a get them...

breakxeggs
06-07-2006, 05:03 PM
I would hope ppl don't go out and buy barrels longer then 14inches for this gun. Accuracy goes up to 14" and then you're just wasting air to push balls out anything longer then that. If you really want to get as accurate as possible get some good paintballs (I don't know of any yet but just buy like 200 or 500 round boxes of different kinds of balls untill you find something that shoots the straighest)

new_Faction64
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
I would hope ppl don't go out and buy barrels longer then 14inches for this gun. Accuracy goes up to 14" and then you're just wasting air to push balls out anything longer then that. If you really want to get as accurate as possible get some good paintballs (I don't know of any yet but just buy like 200 or 500 round boxes of different kinds of balls untill you find something that shoots the straighest)

I'd suggest Gameface Scorch paintballs, they can be found at walmart, are cheaper, and are actually very well rated on pbreviews.com, I myself have used and liked them. Just make sure you have an appropriately sized barrel for um (as with any paint).

They are also now called Visible Impact.

breakxeggs
06-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Me and my freinds love the Game Face Dusk balls the tourny grade ones... Buzz Balls are good but they have a thick shell and alot of them don't break when they hit someone

qttravis2
06-07-2006, 07:01 PM
there is a big diff between my 14in SP barrel and my 20in....

breakxeggs
06-07-2006, 07:12 PM
there is a big diff between my 14in SP barrel and my 20in....

Did you mess around with you're vilocity at all? Because normally you can't that much more accurate with a longer barrel...

qttravis2
06-07-2006, 07:15 PM
yeah its turned up and i got a new spring..and bolt....

breakxeggs
06-07-2006, 07:18 PM
oh that would explain it lol

qttravis2
06-07-2006, 07:23 PM
yeah...when on three round burst...i can keep all shots in a nice 5 in area...its really nice....the prob is all the fields around here...suck and make me turn it down to like 250 fps....so i have to keep turning it up after i get my gun chronograph

breakxeggs
06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
thats the only thing about barrels that long you have to use ALOT of air to push the balls out and you end up not getting as many shots out of a full tank.

qttravis2
06-07-2006, 08:24 PM
yeah it can be a prob...but air is no prob...i use a lot less paint...and i pick my shots...so it works out....

Highbinder
06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Hehe, so you turn up your gun after you chrono??? Who knows what you're shotting at by then. Chrono's are used for a reason. People may be trying paintball for the first time and never come back because of someone shooting at unchrono'd speeds. Just a thought, but if you can't shoot your gun at acceptable speeds with the barrel you are using, you have wasted money on a barrel. Aside from that, most fields I go to allow 280-300, depending on the field.

qttravis2
06-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Hehe, so you turn up your gun after you chrono??? Who knows what you're shotting at by then. Chrono's are used for a reason. People may be trying paintball for the first time and never come back because of someone shooting at unchrono'd speeds. Just a thought, but if you can't shoot your gun at acceptable speeds with the barrel you are using, you have wasted money on a barrel. Aside from that, most fields I go to allow 280-300, depending on the field.

yeah i agree...it is kinda dumb...but i think the fields around here suck with that 250 bs....yeah the cuz cant really shoot over 315 anyways...so its not much risk in that....cuz the barrel slows it down alot....but yeah ill keep that in mind...i want to buy a chrono that i can take to the fields so after they test it i can turn it up and test it...cuz i agree with u....