PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys Need Help With Pilot ACS

viseversa2303
05-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Well i just bought a pilot acs and anything i have to do beside just attach the tand and the hopper and ready to play. I have no idea what im doing i still havent even used it yet. I first want to get feedback from you guys to tell me what i have to do first before i actually use it. Oh yeah when i bought it... it came with 3 bags one was the charger, the other was with some yellow thing to put in your barrell and some little rubber bands i think and some screws and some other little tools. Just to let you guys know i have no idea what im doing i read up on things but i cant find anything because there terms i dont understand.

Well thanks for any help you guys give me. Sorry for the large paragraph but anyway thanks.

bungeye
05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
hey 1st welcome 2 the forums, ask any question, blah blah blah, were all happy 2 help.

!st u need to know ur marker, hers a video on how to dissamble your marker
http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html click on the 1st video then click on the format u want to download it in (on the righthand side)

once familer go on to the following

a good thing to do is to break in the bolt. simply take the bolt out and hold the pin that goes into the striker. Hold onto this and with one hand, and with the other grab the main white part of the bolt. move these back and forth for abot 30min (sit in front of the tv while u do it). you will feel that after a while it becomes real easy. this is because the spring has been broken it. (which is good) replace the bolt.

next take out the striker and oil the o-ring on it. then replace it back into the body.

before each use remove the barrel, cock the marker by pulling the knob at the top of the marker, and put about 3 drops of oil into the ASA (where the tank screws into) shoot abot 10 times then attach the barrel. and your ready to go.

Check out this site aswell
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html
it is full of alot of step by step modifications that you can do at home.
polishing trhe internals is highly recommended. also most of the answers to your questions can be found on it. If not ask here.

viseversa2303
05-15-2006, 09:35 PM
One more question

The package it comes with that has those tools in it what do i do with those and are those the "o-rings" that are in the packet.

druid
05-15-2006, 10:26 PM
they are spares...hang onto them

viseversa2303
05-15-2006, 10:31 PM
spare o-rings? and thanks

Sandman_Bravo
05-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Always wear eye protection even when not playing/target practice. There is a factory defect where the dust cover can break off and fly in your face.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2460

viseversa2303
05-17-2006, 07:13 PM
another thing which is a good choice for a tank because i still havent got a tank for my gun but i have no idea what to get can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

pman15
05-18-2006, 03:15 AM
well i got a 20,12,and 9 ounce right now. but once i get a new gun i am plannig to switch to hpa. hpa is a lot better co2

viseversa2303
05-18-2006, 03:47 PM
what is hpa?

pman15
05-18-2006, 03:56 PM
high pressure air

viseversa2303
05-19-2006, 11:51 AM
sucks well i just bought a co2 tank and attached it to my gun and its working perfectly but still havent bought paintballs for it yet...... what do i do if im on the field and i chop a ball in my gun? Is there anything specific i have to do to hurry and clean it or do i just walk off the field? I am brand new to all this never paintballed in my life so any help will be great.

pman15
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
do u mean u broke a ball in the barrel?,in the feedneck?,or some where else

Hob Hayward
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, you usually carry a squeegee on the field with you, if you get barrel breaks, which is bound to happen, especially if your using cheaper paint, you find some cover unscrew the barrel and run the squeegee through it to clean the paint out, accuracy will be better if you do that after a break, as to the type of squeegee, stick squeegees, swabs, pull throughs, they're all work as well as another.

But if you experience gun chops, this is much bigger problem ,and paint will be all inside the breach etc. If you break in the ACS liek someone said to before, that sgouldn't be aproblem, but if you do chop in the gun, you can try and clean it out, but you may have better luck just going back up to the staging area and stripping the gun down and cleaning it out.

Read up at www.ottersccustoms.com it's the "spyder bible" and has everything you'll ever need to know.

pman15
05-19-2006, 06:58 PM
yea once my velocity was to high and i was breaking balls in my hopper and in my feedneck,my paintballs were covered in paint!itsucked so bad.and yes i tried cleaning it out during games but it was so bad i would start taking my gun apart almost{couse when i tried to quickly clean my gun i was unloaded on}

viseversa2303
05-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys

viseversa2303
05-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Where can i change the velocity at on my Pilot ACS? I try to turn the knob in the back but it doesnt move how to i move it?

pman15
05-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Where can i change the velocity at on my Pilot ACS? I try to turn the knob in the back but it doesnt move how to i move it?

well first off do u have the screw there to hold it in place?if so then take out the screw and then u will be able to change your velocity.then once u have your velocity set at wat u want put the screw back in so your velocity will stay in place.

viseversa2303
05-20-2006, 03:22 PM
well first off do u have the screw there to hold it in place?if so then take out the screw and then u will be able to change your velocity.then once u have your velocity set at wat u want put the screw back in so your velocity will stay in place.

alright thanks yeah the screw is in place thanks again