PDA

View Full Version : My first electric trigger

Pancakes
05-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Yea i just bought an ESP ipi 3.0 thingy and put it on my Spyder Shutter.
I have some questions.
1) There is a little metal thing, looks like copper maybe, inside the trigger,on the top, i cant find a picture of it, i think its called the node?
anyway its in the metal thing on the top that spins, and it slides around from left to right, is that supposed to be there?
2) I think the battery they sent me with it is dead, because after charging it a good 14 hours my low battery light was still on, and then i charged it again over night and the thing wouldnt even turn on. When you charge it is the trigger frame supposed to be on? cause i plugged it in and left it off.
3) the grips they sent me with it are the crappy like rubber grips that say, Emarker, spyder and its all bumpy, well since its a crappy material theres a gap between the grip and the actual frame allowing all kinds of dirt and paint to get inside on the chip, can i get a link for a cheap like sticky grip on ebay or some site? i was looking at dye sticky grips on ebay for like 25 bucks , anyone know any cheaper imitations of those grips? they have to be spyder compatable, with the one screw hole on top left and the 2 on the bottom.
Thank you
edit: i forgot to mention that the second light thats supposed to be green, is blue for some reason. I dont know what that means but... just thought you should know.

ooglieboogliebob
05-15-2006, 04:48 PM
1. ... the solenoid ?? .. the thing if you turn it on you pull the trigger and it clicks ?? ...

2. the battery is supposed to be off when you charge it .. just switch it to safety ... ; buy a new battery thats a NimH battery ... around 160mAH or so should be sufficient .. remember it needs to be a rechargable hydride battery .. although nickel cadium will work, it's not as good.

3. Dye sticky's on PBnation should be 15 or so if you find a good deal ...
BTW try pushing w/e thats making the edge pop up and it should work well ... if you want it water proof .. put rubber sealing around it ...

druid
05-15-2006, 10:30 PM
battery.....

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mh-96v170.htm

Pancakes
05-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Yea the solenoid, theres a little copper thing in there that moves around, is that supposed to be there?
When i get home, im at school right now, ill try and get a picture of it.

druid
05-16-2006, 12:08 PM
the copper washer that floats between the back-plate and the noid housing....yes, it's supposed to be there. It's a conductor for an electromagnetic solonoid....remove it and it will cease to function.

Go to the bottom of the main page of this forum. There's a "stores" link section. In there I have created a 'store feedback' thread. My initial post lists all the on-line stores. The store names are clickable links....try it.

Pancakes
05-16-2006, 03:23 PM
ok thanks a bunch.

edit: yea i definatly need new grips.
Right now i have these :
http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101EQuick/images/content/KingmanCAMDFramL.jpg
They stick up in the corners and allow all kinds of stuff to get in the frame.
Just now i was messing around with the screws trying to get the grip snug against the frame, turns out that if i tighten the screws in all the way, which still doesnt get it flush, the thing that spins (the noid or w.e) has too much pressure on it and cannot spin anymore. So the thing cant even fire anymore.
Would dye sticky grips be flush with the frame or have the same problem?

If you look at it from the back, with the grips off. The noid sticks out both sides about a cm i guess.

ooglieboogliebob
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
it's fine how it is ... mine have been like that and dirt hasn't been getting in it ...

Loosen them up ... think about this mod !!! PUT something like a rubberband around the grips .. for a tighter fit ... sort of water resistant ... not water tight though .... Maybe the thicker kind ... rubber cement ... ?? ringing any bells ??

Edit: BTW make sure it's on or under the edges ...

Pancakes
05-17-2006, 03:06 PM
it's fine how it is ... mine have been like that and dirt hasn't been getting in it ...

Loosen them up ... think about this mod !!! PUT something like a rubberband around the grips .. for a tighter fit ... sort of water resistant ... not water tight though .... Maybe the thicker kind ... rubber cement ... ?? ringing any bells ??

Edit: BTW make sure it's on or under the edges ...

I dont know about you but i play woodsball and if your diving in and out of trenches and climing mts. ect. dirt tends to get in. And like i said in my previous post i cannot put rubber bands around it or w.e and make it a tighter fit becuase it sinches the solenoid disableing the trigger. Plus why would i put rubber cement on it? i would be able to get it open then...
Thanks for the suggestions though.

ooglieboogliebob
05-17-2006, 05:06 PM
........... i don't think you got what i meant .... you know the cover ??? ... put something like thick rubber ... and put rubber cement on the cover to the rubberband and let it dry ... wouldn't block the noid, because the noids farther down ... Leave the frame alone.. and after the cover's have dried ... screw them back on the frame ...

Pancakes
05-18-2006, 11:10 AM
ohh okay, that makes sense, thanks dude.

Do any of you have any suggestions on a cheap drop foward i can get.
I have one right now but its only dropping it foward about an inch,lol.
Has to be spyder compatable...

ooglieboogliebob
05-18-2006, 03:44 PM
hah, go online and get one from the sales section of PBnation or here ... should be one cheap ... all you can really do is search ... i love my NW on/off drop ... good stuff :)

Pancakes
05-18-2006, 05:11 PM
what brand is NW? (im a noob)
post a pic of it. :)

ooglieboogliebob
05-18-2006, 06:18 PM
eh im lazy but .. h/o

Edit:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ooglieboogliebob/Picture1.jpg

druid
05-18-2006, 08:45 PM
there's one in my sales thread