PDA

View Full Version : Eyes or no?

TRC1040
05-14-2006, 01:35 PM
So here's what's going on. I brought out my gun for the first time this year to shoot cause i hadn't used it all winter. First promlem was that the gun would fire, but then stop, but it would still keep clicking(ESP Frame w/ T-board, ramping chip and eyes). Then all of a sudden it would shoot. after hours of searching i found the problem. The sear wouldn't move cause the battery was too low. Has this happened to anyone in the field, and what should I do?

The second questions I have is if I have eyes, and acs bolt do I really need to have both? could I take off the eyes if I wanted to and not have a problem with chopping when I ramp?

Hob Hayward
05-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Well, for the battery... Recharge it...

As for eyes and ACS? Eh no need for both, but it is an extra safety, maybe just take out theACS and put in a better bolt (somthing like the sunbear).

vikingshadow
05-14-2006, 02:33 PM
I ran a Jambolt ACS bolt in my Dragun (was a precursor to the Kingman ACS) and it had eyes as well. I figured there was an off chance the eyes might have to be turned off in a game and the ACS should take care of the problem after that...having a back up system to prevent anything is worthwhile, even if it never gets used! Yes, you can turn off the eyes and not use them, and the ACS MAY OR MAY NOT stop the chops....it's a toss up.

As far as the battery problem goes, that's pretty common. I always made sure to charge the battery before I played so it wouldn't happen during a game. Of course, this won't help anyone using an ESP because you need the 9.6 volt battery but, after I moved away from using Spyders, I found that having a good battery or set of batteries was priceless when it came to playing paintball.

(Throw in useless plug of Vike standing on a paintball field in full gear and a battery in hand...) That's why I recommend and use Duracell Ultra's. They keep going even after the damn bunny is dead!

TRC1040
05-14-2006, 02:36 PM
I was using Deracel before i got the t-board, they don't fit with it

colonel_moo
05-14-2006, 03:21 PM
yeah, you cant be too safe when it comes to chopping paint. my matrix pinches paint, but does that stop me from using eyes? HELL NO.

bigred76
05-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Well I hope you have eyes. If not, I don't see how me responding to your post would do you any good as you could not read it. [/corny joke]

I agree wholeheartedly with Hob's and Vike's posts: having a good set of rechargeable batteries (9.6V hopefully) is a God send. :D

druid
05-16-2006, 12:41 PM
the duracell is your problem...it's only a 9V not a 9.6V. yes, the .6 makes a difference. Get a battery that is marked like this :
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mh-96v170.htm
You can get them at radio shack, walmart, Kmart...w/e

Hob Hayward
05-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Regular 9 volts work for me just fine, but who knows...

TRC1040
05-16-2006, 02:36 PM
9v works better for me. I have more problems and frustration with the crap java sells. But of course that's my opinion.

bigred76
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Java's suck, but not the ones that they sell in the stores. IMO, get a 220mAH 9.6V battery and charger for your gun, and another 2 batteries like the other for your hopper. That way, your gun and hopper will last forever. :)

thechubbss12
05-17-2006, 04:26 AM
well i just dont get the huge thing about the rechargeable batteries... i mean after so many shots they stop putting out anywere near 9.6 volts.. just the same with regular batteries, so it realy only makes a diffrence in saving you money over a period of time.... and maybe keeps the gun running for longer....

vikingshadow
05-17-2006, 04:58 AM
Well, over the long run, rechargeable batteries do save you money because you don't have to buy them over and over again.

Problem is, when you buy rechargeables in a store, they might not fit in the grip frame.

Eaglelox
05-17-2006, 07:39 AM
the battery druid showed does fit a spyder. tightly.

Frat
05-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I have found I only get 400-500 shots out of a regular 9v. I keep several as spares but prefer a full charge on my rechargeable.