PDA

View Full Version : Burping?

Slammed0
05-13-2006, 08:37 PM
What in the heck causes "burping"???

I have the Pilot ACS and everytime I start to shoot fast or use fully automatic my gun will "burp" By this I mean it will not cock back. I will have to manually cock it back to start shooting again. Now I have kinda seen a list that give some pointers as to why, but what is the major consensus here? There has to be 1 issue that is greater others with a Spyder. My buddy's Flash does it too!

druid
05-13-2006, 09:22 PM
dude...read around or do a search on it. You've been around this forum long enough to know better.
recocking issues...or burping...is the condition in which there's not enough air to recock it.
ACS bolts are notorius for it and so is lack of maintenence.

Slammed0
05-13-2006, 09:29 PM
dude...read around or do a search on it. You've been around this forum long enough to know better.
recocking issues...or burping...is the condition in which there's not enough air to recock it.
ACS bolts are notorius for it and so is lack of maintenence.

Hey Hey Hey. Now I understand that I don't have as many years in this sport as some of you, but I very well maintain my gun. So you can throw that out the window. Now like I said, yeah, I have done searches. I have done research. But those all come up with an A,B, and C issue of what it could be. What I was hoping was that everybody here using Spyders could say, "hey. ya it is mainly this that does it. Or that." And with the not enough air issue, well, I blamed it on the CO2. However, I have heard that people running HPA have even MORE burping issue. So, you are saying that the stock Spyder basically can't stand to its own test of keeping up with its own board? I need updated and improved airflow?

Slammed0
05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
BTW, Am I using the "burping" in the right fashion? Is that what it is? When you are shooting fast and the gun won't recock?

druid
05-14-2006, 01:27 AM
yep. It's caused by a lack of air-seal (lube) or loss of pressure due to a flow issue

Hob Hayward
05-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Yeah, you sure your tanks are full, and if you have a reg, is it turned down too much? Is your gun well lubed, try doing otter's striker mod (polishing it) to allow easier recocks.

Slammed0
05-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Well I thought my gun was/is lubed well. I don't have anything polished or a regulator yet.

Well, I guess there are many factors. I was hoping there was a consensus towards just one. Oh well, I guess I will play it by ear and try to figure it out. Kind of disappointing that a company would sell/advertise a gun that is fully automatic but it can't keep up with itself. :lol:

ooglieboogliebob
05-14-2006, 10:56 AM
well one problem with it is that co2 only recharges at a rate of 15 ... if your tank is overly cold .. thats your problem ..

Could also be that your striker or sear is rounded out ... polish them or replace them if thats the case. (polish the bolt while your at it ... polishing faq on www.ottersccustoms.com)

Could ALSO be that your triggerframe isn't tight on the gun ...

druid
05-14-2006, 11:14 AM
If the marker were anything but a blowback, I'd say "yea...it's likely this...or this..." but it can't be done on a stacked-tube blowback. The "one thing" that you are looking for is this...it's a Kingman. They are made overseas. Close tolerences are almost non-existant to where I'm suprised the frame mates to the body as well as it does.
There's NEVER a single problem governing a recocking issue...not when there are this many variables controlling it:

*Bolt-direct flow properties
*Striker-sealing properties
*Bolt&striker-force/momentum and reciprocating mass
*Body-sealing properties
*Valve-insufficient efficiencies
*spring tension-inconsistancies
*Lack of lubrication
*Lack of seal
*The presence of a mechanical sear in both mech/E frames alike
*Orings-inconsistant diameters and sealing properties
*Inefficient Vertical adapters and flow rates
*The presence of a large, gaping hole in the bottom tube (sear slot)
*Air source - all it's properties and how they affect ^theirs^
*Air source vessels and valves - and how it affects ^theirs^
*Ambient temperature, humidity, air pressure and geologic elevation - and how it affects all of ^that^

Any one of these reasons...or a combination of them...can cause problems. The problem is finding which are effecting you...

Slammed0
05-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Ok. Thanks for the tips. I will check into all of them!

You know I could have swore too that it was acting just fine dry firing it in fully automatic mode until I tried it with paintballs. The resistance that much?

druid
05-14-2006, 07:25 PM
yes