PDA

View Full Version : Loader Decision

Hossy
05-12-2006, 02:46 PM
i bought a Proto Matrix 6, my first gun out of being a spyder (i have a spyder TLX and a spyder Victor) and its on the way!

im either gonna get a new loader, and wow i need some help, its between a Eggy or the Reloader B. The prices i found are as follow

Eggy is 17 bucks cheaper then a regular Reloader B
Reloader B is 14 bucks cheaper then a Reloader B with the Rip
so that makes the Eggy is 31 bucks Cheaper than a Halo with the Rip Drive

What should i get?
im kinda on a short budget, so i need some help!!!

thanks for ur help

TacTownKilla
05-12-2006, 03:19 PM
1. If you dont know whats better between a egg and reloader B you shouldent own a proto.
2. Eggys arent 17 dollars cheaper then a Reloader B.
3. Reloader B's come stock with a rip drive.
4. You then came to talk about a halo, Halos are cheaper then Reloader B's.
5. Dont get a egg.

Edit: 6. take that mod crap out of your user title.

vikingshadow
05-12-2006, 03:36 PM
i bought a Proto Matrix 6, my first gun out of being a spyder (i have a spyder TLX and a spyder Victor) and its on the way!

Congratulations! Not sure I would have jumped from a Spyder to a PM6, but whatever makes ya happy! I was actually going to get one until I decided to back off a bit from the sport...

im either gonna get a new loader, and wow i need some help, its between a Eggy or the Reloader B. The prices i found are as follow

Eggy is 17 bucks cheaper then a regular Reloader B
Reloader B is 14 bucks cheaper then a Reloader B with the Rip
so that makes the Eggy is 31 bucks Cheaper than a Halo with the Rip Drive

What should i get?
im kinda on a short budget, so i need some help!!!

thanks for ur help

Is the Reloader B used? If not, you're getting cheated on the Egg, especially on a stock Eggy! New Reloader B's are more than 100.00 (I bought mine for 160.00 at a tournament a year ago, but they may be cheaper now) whereas the Eggys are about 60.00-70.00.

I'm pretty sure you can't get a Reloader B without the rip drive since they all come stock with them, so I think you're thinking of a Halo without rip. They look the same, so it's easy to get them confused. Now, I personally think RIP is important, but that's me.

As this is a HUGE paintball argument that never gets solved, I'll just say I prefer the Reloader B to the Halo, and leave it at that.

However, like Tactown alluded to, the Reloader B and the Eggy aren't even in the same boat together. That being said, I have both and like both, but I can honestly say there's a HUGE difference between the two loaders. However, as you are budgeting, the Eggy will work fine for you. Especially if you Z board it. It was plenty fast for my shocker, so it'll be plenty fast for you!

claustrophobia9
05-12-2006, 05:21 PM
eggs suck. go with the b.

Ares
05-12-2006, 05:48 PM
revvys are agg

vikingshadow
05-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Again, that was Claus's opinion - Eggs don't suck - in my opinion.

I've had an Egg for two years. Only changed the shells once. (By the way, I've changed the shells on my Reloader B also, so you can't tell me about the crappy shells on an Eggy.) I understand several people have had problems with them, but several people haven't had problems as well. So it evens out in my opinion.

thechubbss12
05-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Umm its all personal preferance... i mean ive seen a sweet modded halo that never had any feeding problems but then ive seen stock ones that sucked bad... and ive seen the same with eggys...., but reloader Bs are the toughest IMO becasue they feedreballs no problems and realy dont have jamming issues...so its totaly something you want on opinion....

claustrophobia9
05-12-2006, 07:38 PM
ill pull out my eggy next time i do a foto shoot, ill get up in there, trust me, it inst plesent. i have a halo and it also has some breaks mainly cuz it gets hit alot. heres my halo list of breaks:

spider stress crack from one of the screws (friend rebuilt it and missed the hole for the lid pin, continued screwing it in and it got a stress crack up the middle, no big deal, it didnt break there anyway

half the neck fell off (ducttaped on temprarily, until i get a hybrid shell) but it fell off because of a direct hit to the loader neck, basically the ball hit the left most part of the neck, so it hit the release lever, giving the loader slop room, the loader slouched forwards then the lucky second shot snapped the loader back after it hit the same spot, breaking the neck, it was sanded so i expected it, no big deal but now i have to transfer my agg monogram ge sticker.

egg problems:

battery door, the fins snapped and batteries fell, the door snapped off.

lid of hell. i have no idea how this happened but the lid is dangling on a strand of plastic on one side.

so both loaders have durable plastic around the majority, but the egg just has alot of very weak areas, and imo you WILL find them. plus its egly (ugly)
reloader imo has the most future usage.

neither of the electronics sucked for me, mainly the quality of build is what pisses me off.

vwjimmy
05-13-2006, 06:59 AM
I like my eggys (I have 2)......
broken lids and all, it's a pretty good hopper......
that said....if I was not so cheap, I would get a Halo B/Reloader B
you won't catch me with a b on any of my spyders but...a proto....
go with the b, you won't regret the extra $$$

druid
05-13-2006, 12:02 PM
reloader B...you'll thank me for it

bigred76
05-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Idk about the rest of you, but If I was on a budget wouldn't mind using a $150 Spyder with a Reloader B and a 68/45 Micro Maxxy over a PM6 with a Shake and Bake (grav feed) and 20oz CO2 tank, if you catch my drift...If not, don't get a high-end marker to just cheap out on the basic stuff you need. ;)

That being said, a Zeggy (Z-Boarded eVLution) or Reloader B should suffice. The Zeggy is cheaper than the Reloader, and with the newer shells I have had less issues with the areas of high stress breaking than most people report. The only 2 problems I had were that they filled in the groove on part of one shell that the other half needs to fit into when it was manufactured (easily fixed), and the other was self caused (don't want to get into that).

All in all, the Zeggy has proved itself useful for me, but sometimes I wish I had saved the extra and gone onto a Halo B or a Reloader B; however, the Reloader B does cost more than what I had at the time and I will not get one until my Zeggy finally croaks on me (still a long ways off, hopefully).

From my general experience, I would say if you have the money, go for the Reloader B. If it breaks then you at least have enough invested to trade down for a Zeggy in good shape, or pay a couple more bucks instead of enough for a new hopper (as in the Zeggy's case...I think I payed $30 shipped for my new shells, BNIB) and just get new shells (I saw a set of Halo B shells for $8 shipped not 10 minutes ago).

Ares
05-13-2006, 04:28 PM
if ur on a bdget, dont play 2 or 3 times u were going to, u will have plenty of extra cash

timbertiger20
05-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Reloader B. I had one with rip drive.......although I'm still confused because I never needed it. The reloader B has anti-jam programming and I never had a problem. I've heard some of the Halo B's didn't have the best anti-jam technology and that was the reason and needed the Rip. I just switched from Reloader B to Halo B and added a cheetah board. Now the Halo doesn't need Rip either with good anti-jam technology. The only downside is man does that thing put some pressure on the stack! I had 8-10 balls come out the back of my marker when I pulled the bolt out the other day!

vwjimmy
05-15-2006, 06:30 AM
The only downside is man does that thing put some pressure on the stack! I had 8-10 balls come out the back of my marker when I pulled the bolt out the other day!
lol....too bad they wont come out the front that fast eh!