PDA

View Full Version : LP setup

emf7301
05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Ok, i am choosing out my parts for going low pressure with my pilot acs and i would just like a little advice.

CIP 15*
New Designz HP Valve
Macroline
Either Torp or Detonator Reg
32* spring kit
Other misc. fittings and stuff

Which reg do you think is better? I will for the most part be only using air on it but i might occassionally have to use co2. I know the torp can handle co2 and is easier to take apart and clean but i don't like the side input but am willing to put up with it since my pilot's foregrip has it on the side also. The detonator has a bottom input and is very consistent once broken in but as far as i know it can't handle co2 well and is a little difficult to take apart.

Don't even mention the palmer unless you know where i can get it for $50.

ricochet08
05-11-2006, 08:29 PM
hmmm....well...i don't know much about the Detonator reg, but i love my Torp reg :D

and for the NDZ hp valve...make sure the o-rings are good :lol: trust me.

also, i saw a palmer stableizer on pbnation for $45, but that was near a week ago :( just look around, and i'll keep my eyes open :)

Prospekt
05-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Hmm, you're using an HP valve for a LP setup? HP means high pressure you know. Or is there a method to your madness...

emf7301
05-12-2006, 07:21 PM
no, NDZ puts HP but it means High Performance not high pressure. i first thought that too when i saw it.

ricochet08
05-12-2006, 07:38 PM
lol yea HP means High Performance when it comes to the NDZ valve.

it increases the airflow to help with your LP (low pressure) operation. as im sure u've read that :)

i have one in my marker and i love it now :D

Spinal
05-14-2006, 06:54 AM
a lot of people get the torpedo reg, and i'd say get the torpdeo as well, bob long makes quality stuff.

druid
05-14-2006, 07:33 AM
torp reg and ditch your ACS bolt because once you get it all together, you'll be back on here wanting to know why it won't recock. Then I will flame you :D

ACS bolt+LP=problems. Get a high flow bolt like a sunbear or a lightening

ooglieboogliebob
05-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Druid stated a pretty important point ...
Try maybe just getting an otterized stock bolt if it doesn't fit your budget ... but the sunbear bolt, aka lightning, or the ..... (just left my mind) .... bolts are high flowing .. and it'll eliminate blowback/highflowing which means a better LP setup :)

As for the reg .. i'd go for the torp ... the evil detonator really can't stand co2 well .. if your using that .. besides that .. doesn't really function that well... but it isn't hard to take apart ... either reg isn't ...

Torp i can find on PBnation easily for 25 - 30 bucks ... (remember to get dow 33 as well ... unless you want creeping/inconsistancy; hobbyhorse sells it for 4 dollars)

Goodluck :)

Prospekt
05-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Lol, I never read the whole part about the ACS bolt (mine isnt recocking with lp). Guess I should go and pull out the venturi on my stock one then.