PDA

View Full Version : Chubbs Primal mod ideas...

thechubbss12
05-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Alright.... check it out ive had my primal for about two weeks and ive been thinking (being the machinist i am) i saw that there was two oring on the ram when it realy isnt needed too have two orings .... So i removed the one at the back of the ram, i also polished the ram ... then i also got to thinking why is there a venturi in the bolt.... so i removed it.... then when i was cleaning it and i saw the oring on the Valve pin... then it dawned there is no reason for it...

In all of that i probibly cut the resitiance of the ram in half, same with the valve pin, and i made the bolt higher flowing.... but thats not it, i decided to try the gun without the spring return system and guess what? flawless performance with no problems with the bolt blowing back.... It cycles so much cleaner now and i run at a lower presure....

Now tell me is this a good idea or a bad one? Since i have not seen any mods on a Primal i thought that this might be helpful.. although they are not hard to achive mods but i thought they greatly inproved performance in my primal.....

SparkyGT
05-15-2006, 07:56 AM
thought i would take the venturi out first, did ya plug the hole in the bolt that the venturi comes out off since it is drilled through to the cocking pin hole? As for the return spring, make it easier to reinstall the bolt anyways :D

did ya put the new V/A on, post some pics up please

thechubbss12
05-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Nope i didnt get ahold of that one the guy was selling... im still shopping though.

Ok well i actuly got to play with this primal and found out my initial ideas were not perfect.... So im going to correct them....

Spring less return was a bad idea... Becasue with paint in it it wouldnt always recocker perfectly... So I went an bought a much easyer to extend spring...

Second the only one O-ring on the ram proved good in tests... but it still was bad on resistance... So i replaced the stock oring with two Black orings from ACE... Its worked much nicer becasue the stock orings kingman has on the Primals casue alot of resitance....

I did not fill the hole in the ventrui but i did the SPPS bolt mod were you put a wooden wedge in the olt to direct the air flow... made for about 10 FPS jump...

3agle
05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
i modded my trigger, basically i bent it out so it like a blade trigger since theres no trigger ups for primals. it RIPS. i talked to the guy who created t-boards. a new t-board is on the way, lcd, button, and everything that the DM chip has. my hpr is jacked to s*** so im gonna get a cp reg but i dunno if i need to get an adaptor or anything?

thechubbss12
06-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Yea you need a BKO V/A adapter.... which i am still looking for LOL....

What did you do to your HPR?

Humm maybe i bought my t-board too early =(.... maybe he will let me trade the old one in?

3agle
06-01-2006, 08:27 AM
not sure if hell let u trade it in, he said itll be out in about 5 weeks. email him on scenariodreams.com. i dunno what i did to it, but the screw in the bottom doesnt budge. the whole bottom part of the reg screws out instead of the screw. i had it in a vice and was giving it everything i had it moved a tad but then got stuck again. and im not a little guy haha. i found a guy who will send me a 1 time used CP shorty for 50 bucks to my door

thechubbss12
06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
good deal man.. i actuly like the stock reg on my primal alot.... I dunno i keep it cleaned and lubed and it has very little Drop offs or velocity spikes -+3fps.... about the same as my CP reg... but i dunno the reg does have diffrent issues like not working sometimes....

Post pics up if you get the BKO adapter.... and see if you can find me one too casue i will pay pretty good for one =)....

3agle
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
want me to post pics of my trigger? its pretty sick. it is so much faster than the stock one

thechubbss12
06-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Do it.... =)

3agle
06-04-2006, 03:21 PM
ok heres my trigger...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/foyboy07/Picture46.jpg from far away

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/foyboy07/Picture45.jpg closer up.

basically i just screwed the screw at the top of the trigger so it bowed out farther then i stuck a piece of plastic in between the trigger switch and the trigger and glued them. i would recomend not trying to bend the trigger itself. they arent very bendable and break easy ;) . also you might want to take out the screw in the middle of the trigger cause it has no purpose anymore and gets in the way. i added some glue and stuff to form a new surface for my fingers and it shoots faster for me now.

thechubbss12
06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Good stuff.

Looks reletivly clean... but i bet it looks better in person.

3agle
06-05-2006, 09:38 AM
now i just need to talk to kingman about sending me a new hpr