PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo leaking CO2

Ryu Hitokiri
05-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I used my gun for the first time. It was about 4 months after purchase. I had the regulator screw screwed all the way in so it wouldn't fall out. The guy at the field cocked it and shot and it sputtered. There was no pressure so we losened the screwed till the pressure gauge was green (1000). Then after the game, the pressure is down to 500 and I hear this hissing sound coming from behind the pressure gauge. I replaced the cup seal because he said that was the problem but it still didn't work. I was wondering if any of you knew what the problem is.

Here is a picture of where the leak is coming from:

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/9039/spyderrodeoblackleak1ex.jpg

druid
05-11-2006, 01:27 PM
lube va orings, teflon everything threaded like gauge, lpc, etc.

ooglieboogliebob
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
yep .. druids right ... you might needa replace the VA o-rings also .. might just wanta do that anyways .. then lube them .. then take the gauge off ... LPC off ... reg off .. and put teflon tape on them all .. tighten them back up and wala !!! :)

field people must be pretty stupid .. :p ... cupseal problems are usually out of the barrel ... (cupseal is scratched or dented, can't seal valve leading to air going through the valve ... and thats where the barrel would be ...)

Jimmyd24
05-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah i had this same problem with my gun and i had to just replace one of the o-rings