PDA

View Full Version : 3-man field pictures

maximus100389
05-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey guys, I'm taking part of a 3-man tourny coming up, and I need to brush up on my field walking skills beforehand so I will be better prepared for the real thing. I need pictures of fields that were set up for 3 vs 3 play. i'm drawing out scenarios and angles, sweet spots, key bunkers and everything else. I just need some fields to go off of. I have a few already but if you have an contributions to add that would be great! thanks!:)

timmyshoota
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
As much as you practice now, its not gonna help much come tourney time since its gonna be totally different. I'd say you just do some practicing on the PSP fields. Brush up on just your skills and then when it comes time to walk the field you should be able to do it no problem. If I had some pics I'd help you out, but I think your best bet is to just practice what you can get easy. Walking the field is the same whether its 3, 5 or 7 man, so practicing any will help you out.

colonel_moo
05-10-2006, 05:19 PM
well just remember that 3 man tournies usually have more spaced out bunkers, and not very much of a snake. there will probably be some sort of snake, but there will probably be gaps in it and/or not be very long. although there are less bunkers, and they are more spaced out, you can usually run much further without getting shot off the break. depending on the setup, you can quite possibly make it to the 50 off the break (whether or not you wanna do that, i donno). also, all your players need to be agressive, there is no real "back" guys, you should all be moving up constantly. i donno what else to say... other than that, 3 man isnt that different.

maximus100389
05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
well i know what the differences are, i play 3 and 4 man a lot. i just need practice spotting key bunkers and having practice knowing where to lane with more spaced out bunkers. i cant really do that at the local field since they are set up for 8 on 8 games. i usually use the pictures to draw where i want my team to lane and where to fill in the rest. come game time, i dont want to be surprised by the field setup being space really far apart.