PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds

xsgmike66x
05-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Who thinks that Barry Bonds should get the home run record taken away if he breaks it? Also how about the single career that he has?
My opinion is that they should take away all the home runs that they can prove he was on steirods for.

durrell
05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
I don't feel like he took steroids, so unless it can be proven then I say he should get the glory for breaking the record..

03TiburonGT
05-10-2006, 11:08 AM
I believe that he knowingly took steroids. He claims that one of his trainers snuck them into his food or something, but I think that's rediculous. Yes, he has hit a lot of homeruns, but that wouldn't be all that hard if you took steroids and knew how to play in the first place. I think that he should get an asterisk put next to the numbers of home runs he accumulates

big_daddy_d
05-10-2006, 11:12 AM
don't know how I feel about the whole situation, homeboy did bulk up quite quickly, you look at his rookie year when he probably weighed 150 soaking wet to now...

Warnichek
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't care if he breaks it but what if they find out he was lying? How can they take it away without getting into some race war like everybody is saying that it is?

Look at Mark Mcgwire. same thing isn't it. When he left my local team ( Huntsville Stars) he was skinny as all get out. Then over the last 6 or 7 years he went ballistic on something and turned into the hulk.

Back on subject. Do they not test everybody for drugs? WHo knows if he is lying? One day it will come out whether he did or didn't use them. always does.

timbertiger20
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM
They don't test heavily because they don't want to know. When is the last time they booted someone for taking them that they caught testing them? It's an everyday occurance in pro sports. All of the leagues are that way. Hey how many pro-ballers do you think take them?

durrell
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah I agree with timber. The fact of the matter is, the MLB doesn't want to know if the players are taking steroids. I imagine if it was enforced like it was supposed to be, there'd be alot of people suspended from alot of sports..

claustrophobia9
05-10-2006, 01:43 PM
i say they all take steroids, cuz baseball is really starting to suck.

vikingshadow
05-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, supposedly the MLB is going to be testing the drug thing quite extensively now, starting this year. But has anyone heard anything about it?

As far as Bonds goes, he'll break the record, unfortunately. He'll do it in his own field, also. They built that thing JUST for him. I think it's the shortest right field ever, even shorter than Babe Ruth's was!

Now, I'm biased because I personally just don't like him, ever since he decided he was too good for baseball. When he got a big screen tv put in the locker room and faced it AWAY from everyone else, he should have been gone. Then the "I didn't know I was taking steroids" crap he's been spewing, well pfffffft. San Fran doesn't have a team, it's Bonds and then the other 8 players...

Recon by Fire
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
He will break the record eventually and have his name in the books, with an asterick next to it! His name will always be blemished and everybody will know he is not a true homerun king.

G_O_O_D_Y17
05-11-2006, 04:18 AM
just because he bulked up since his rookie year (wich wasnt yesterday) doesnt mean he was taking steroids, its called work.

DexGtr
05-11-2006, 10:09 AM
don't really care.....every pro athlete takes steriods, or some form of it..

if you believe that there are pro athletes out there who are all-natural ... think again.

Recon by Fire
05-11-2006, 06:07 PM
No, it doesn't mean he took steroids because he got bigger...but there are other MLB players who have gone public saying they have seen or done steroids with him....that matters.

FredPo
05-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, they'll really start extensive testing for steroids just like the IFFB pro bodybuilders get tested, you know...280 lb. guys who are natural. We might as well face the fact. Steroids are everywhere and no one is really trying to get rid of them because it helps give the fans what they want. The only thing anyone cares about is money and if steroids are helping baseball and many other sports, no one reallly cares IMO.

fred

timmyshoota
05-11-2006, 07:31 PM
No, it doesn't mean he took steroids because he got bigger...but there are other MLB players who have gone public saying they have seen or done steroids with him....that matters.
He said, she said. Show me proof. The man has the purest swing in all of baseball, its no wonder he is the homerun king. I don't give a damn if they use steroids or not. Baseball is entertainment, like all pro sports. I watch sports for entertainment, if the steroids enhance that, so be it.

Recon by Fire
05-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't need to show any proof, mostly because I honestly don't care. Wipe every professional level sport off the face of the map today and I will not be phased at all. If any of us care about steroid use or not, fact remains that his record will include an asterick in the records books and will always be a point of speculation, not sure pure...

spyderpaintball
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
The thing is 714 is not the record. 755 is and until he breaks that record I could care less. Plus the way he is hitting that will never happen.

Victa_Balla
05-16-2006, 02:06 AM
What i want to know... Is can he do it like Babe Ruth did....
Over weight and Drunk as a skunk

DisturbedMetal35
05-29-2006, 01:58 PM
What i want to know... Is can he do it like Babe Ruth did....
Over weight and Drunk as a skunk
Bonds did it on the juice, Ruth did it on Beer and Hotdogs...
word.

durrell
05-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Babe > Bonds, IMO..even though he passed him..