PDA

View Full Version : Chopping bad

SPimagine
05-10-2006, 05:45 AM
hello i am new to the board and need some help. the last couple times i have went paintballing, my gun has been chopping paint left and right, totally destroying my game. i'm not sure if its the detent in my gun thats not working properly, the fact that i dont have a e-hopper, or that i need an acs bolt intalled. I thought it would have been because my paint was a little old, so i bought some new stuff (marblizers)the last time i went up, and nothing has changed. if anyone might know whats going on, any help is appreciated.

oh and just for your guy's info i think my gun is an 03 imagine, pretty much stock. i 'm not sure how to tell the exact year. :confused:

shunut
05-10-2006, 06:16 AM
If you are running a gravity feed loader that could be your problem or you could be having blowback problems. I'd try a electronic loader, just because a gravity feed can't keep up with the speed of your board. If that doesn't solve the problem then its probably a blowback issue in, then you'll need a new feedneck. However if you got a Halo B, Reloader B or a VLocity, they are all force feed loaders and blowback would never be an issue.

And Welcome to the Forum.

druid
05-10-2006, 08:56 AM
hello i am new to the board and need some help. the last couple times i have went paintballing, my gun has been chopping paint left and right, totally destroying my game. i'm not sure if its the detent in my gun thats not working properly,
Change it just to be safe...around $6-$10
the fact that i dont have a e-hopper,
#1 suspect. Imagine out-shoots the shake n bake hopper and give no resistance to blowback (air/co2 leaking into the hopper...blowing the paintball back into it, causing a chop)
or that i need an acs bolt intalled.
If you don't plan on upgrading the marker too much, get it. I has to be broken in so expect chops through your first bag of paint or so. If you plan on making the marker LP, skip it and get a TBoard with antichop eyes. Go to the "Store Reviews" thread I created and click the Scenario Dreams link.
I thought it would have been because my paint was a little old, so i bought some new stuff (marblizers)the last time i went up, and nothing has changed. if anyone might know whats going on, any help is appreciated.
Could be...CO2 is kelvin kinda cold :D
oh and just for your guy's info i think my gun is an 03 imagine, pretty much stock. i 'm not sure how to tell the exact year. :confused:

Like I said...could be a few things...betting on the hopper. Get a 9 or 12 Volt revolution or "Y" boarded Egg (now standard Evolution II) and you should be Ok. CO2 can flash freeze paint shells right as it goes through the bolt which would make it brittle at the point of contact with the bolt. so, to surmize your next few purchases, in order:

New detent. Any will do. Say $15 shipped from an on-line store...cheaper at your local proshop...to $30 for Kila magnetic, new/shipped
Electric hopper...9 or 12 V revvi or "Y" egg II. NOT a triad, NOT anything XTreme Rage...^^^those are the best choices for right now. Anywhere from $20/$25 used to $50/$60 new.
ACS bolt - eh...dunno...like what...$45ish?
TBoard and eyes. $75-$85 shipped/all together, brand new.

SPimagine
05-10-2006, 10:27 AM
thanks for the info, i think i am going to start with a evo II eggy, and a Redz Cam-Lock for the feed, hopefully that will solve the problem. how can you tell if the detent is actually not working properly? i mean i looked on the mr2 threads, and they say you shouldnt be able to push a ball through it with your finger, but i can on my imagine no problem, but that might just be a diffrence in models, IDK.

WhatThaSmurf
05-10-2006, 01:53 PM
If you couldn't push it through with your finger, how could it fire? Yeah, that's what I thought. You know that the detent is not working if the ball doesn't stay in the chamber when you tilt your gun forward, or if you get double feeds (two ball at a time).

SPimagine
05-10-2006, 08:41 PM
ok so i think that i have found the problem!!! i think its my barrel. i took it off and the end of it that goes into the gun has a small bend in it just small enough to probly skim the ball just enough to break it. it was so small i would have never seen it. it must have happend on the way to the feild, i had it in a bag, and my freind just dumped all of his gear on top of mine.

i have a J&J ceraic on the way. i am still going to get the evo eggy though. thanks for the help again guys.

druid
05-10-2006, 10:11 PM
the rounded of a ball-pein hammer may work if you are careful