PDA

View Full Version : halo 3: 56k NOOOO!!!!

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 05:12 PM
supposed to be only avaliable to x360 live users for dl but the trailer is hosted here: its widescreen and i believe fairly high res. so id let it load all the way, the watch.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/b/3/5b3d8532-65bc-4bf6-b5ea-6ba0f2084d74/h3_e32006_announce_large.wmv

notice a few things, i assume they are on earth,(edit, my friend says africa, near new mombossa, seems right) i think they showed where they were in the vid but i set mine to less frames so it loaded better (although why would he have an old school assualt rifle) notice the station that they set up, looks like a docking station for the "ark" (edit it all fits in cuz regret in 2 came to earth looking for something, its to be assumed it was forerunner related, being the same reason that the cov wont let humans join the cov, because they are on a holy planet, i wonder how earth fits into the story... maybe the rings are destroyers and earth is a creator...)

also listen to cortona's transmittion, it appears to be glitching like they said it did when they copied her in the books. maybe it is a little of the books (between 1 and 2) and some after.

if someone could strip cortonas voice from the sound near the beginning:

i think i hear, "ill help you ______ the gaurds? and the demons?" then "i _____ shield?, i am your soul" then very clearly "i know your past, your future"......... "this is the way the world ends"

btw i bet kelly comes back and you get a reunion with some of your surviving spartans (linda, uh... fred?, i dont remeber the rest, there are 7 remaining i believe)

WhatThaSmurf
05-09-2006, 05:30 PM
so then no "forerunner" project? a prequel sounded interesting too. o well, this is even better.

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
so then no "forerunner" project? a prequel sounded interesting too. o well, this is even better.
we dont know which project this one is. id assume its the forerunner not the one with a circle related name (forget it already) forerunner is the objective based. ____ is the mmo.

and i just thought of something.... if all the spartans wear the same armor, how do we know this isnt one of the others, kelly maybe? that would explain the old school rifle (even though they all should have gotten new ones when the doctor took them underground) he/she never speaks so you cant say its 117 (john/ master chief) just yet

WhatThaSmurf
05-09-2006, 05:35 PM
at the end it had a halo with a 3 in it?

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
at the end it had a halo with a 3 in it? yea, but still it has a project name. forernner or orion. we still dont know if the trailer is for the mmo or the fps.

pman15
05-09-2006, 06:39 PM
i hope u get 2 fly the pelican in this one!:D

marvin-martian
05-09-2006, 06:40 PM
eh, ok i guess

it doesnt really show anyhting though

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 06:50 PM
i am a halo fan but not a incoherently bumbling fan that's like "omfg teh rofl". i like a good story, im trying to get into the warhammer stuff but i havent gotten time to read any of it, halo has a great story and ive read the books, i wish other companies would be more secretive about their games cuz it isnt HAVING it that makes people happy, its GETTING it.

marvin-martian
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
ill take the MGS story over halos

Victa_Balla
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
It says on The bungie website that its Masterchief. And that "his" armor is all beat up cause hes been fighting forever. Cortana can't pop out of chief like that so i think its just for effects. And the AR (assult rifle) is the most awesome gun ever, Thats why its being used. The books even said it was chiefs favorite.

Team Ramrod
05-09-2006, 07:10 PM
,,," then "i _____ shield?, i am your soul" then very clearly "i know your past, your future"......... "this is the way the world ends"

[/QUOTE]

It says " I am your shield, I am your sword" not your soul.

edit: effed up the quote, dont want to fix it, you get the point.

Victa_Balla
05-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I've gone against gods and demons
I am your shield
Your sword
I know your past
I know your future
This is the way world ends

DyNasty9
05-09-2006, 07:26 PM
the trailer makes me want to go "oooooo ahhhhh"

looks interesting. hope its good.

Victa_Balla
05-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Q
Is this the last ever Halo game?

A
It is the conclusion to this story arc.

Which means there can be another story arc.... Way to leave room for yourself bungie.

claustrophobia9
05-10-2006, 03:40 AM
its the conclusion to the what happens with the arc, but we already know it isnt the last halo game cuz theyve announced the halo based mmo. and balla, you missed the soul part of the quote. the ar was cooler, but in the books it called them obsolete and they were replaced years before, im wondering how he got it. "master chief" was assigned to i believe 2 or 3 of the soliders but john was given the extended version and everyone else was the lower ranked extended version <--- if i remeber right

i tried to get into the mgs stories but im just way far behind and nothing really got me into it (yet) i do like mgs4. dont know if you ps3 guys saw the price of release... 499 and 599? YIKES! i hope free online really is worth that extra 100-300 you pay. i dont even want to know how much blu ray disks (the games) will cost but im guessing it wont be 60. my brother is buying the ps3 im getting the 360, so it looks like he got the short straw.

pman15
05-10-2006, 03:56 AM
ya once halo 3 comes out there will still be halo 4,5,6,and7. If u beat halo2 at the end the oracle shows you 7 halos. one of wich is destroyed{u see it at the intro 2 halo 2}This sucks that halo 3 won't be available for xbox though:(

durrell
05-10-2006, 04:18 AM
I doubt they'll go past Halo 3..they may build off of it with another name or something but as big as 1 and 2 were, if this is anything this big, I don't see how there's any way they could continue releasing games on the same scale as Halo 2..

claustrophobia9
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM
ya once halo 3 comes out there will still be halo 4,5,6,and7. If u beat halo2 at the end the oracle shows you 7 halos. one of wich is destroyed{u see it at the intro 2 halo 2}This sucks that halo 3 won't be available for xbox though:(
not neccessarily, considering the halos have been put on standby the ark may be able to stop them and fully disable them, but then a problem still exists, the flood.

and durrel, with my idea they would have to make one past the mmo (which would be the 4th) cuz they could assign missions and shift server locations and junk an play the entirity of a game via server user connections. what they need is ANOTHER great story.