PDA

View Full Version : Cheap/free upgrades

beau
12-31-2005, 03:47 PM
I though it would be cool if we just shared some of or ideas about how to make are markers better, you no like tell each other what we have done to improve or makres. I learned that if you put a peice of foam behing your trigger you can cut down on double hammering. You can out a heat packet on your c02 tank if you are playing in the cold. I wish someone would tell me about this boring out crap on the fenix i can't find anything and thanks.

ad0131065
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Check ottersccustom.com for home mods

ttink
12-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Those are some good ideas. Its cool to find out new things other players do to improve their gun for cheap/free. Otters site is great for beginners to get their guns running awesome.

bamf-hacker
12-31-2005, 08:45 PM
I think a link to Otters site should be included with every new marker purchase...

HacKeR

vikingshadow
01-01-2006, 06:34 AM
There are also a few stickied threads in the forums, like the ESP forum (if we still have that forum) that show how to do some mods to your gun for cheap...

beau
01-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I also found that if you put the acs bolt in the freezer and then put it in hot water, that will lossin up that spring a bit and ,make it work better. Dont over do it like freeze it then put it boiling hot water cause it will break faster than a car at the Duke reuinion. excuse my grammer, I'm from Iowa, what do you expect lol

durrell
01-01-2006, 10:49 PM
it will break faster than a car at the Duke reuinion.

hahaha :thumbup:

And yes, I would check http://www.ottersccustoms.com. I assume you're talking about boring out the VA, which is on otter's website..an easy mod.

beau
01-03-2006, 02:59 PM
www.ottersccustom is hands down the best spyder web site I have evr been to. Not just because of the number of mods but 99% of them are free. If you have some sand paper, a drill and a spyder it is better than or equal to an karnovior lol jk, I wish. But still you make your gun alot better than it already is for almost no money.

evolutionlax247
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I have made a clamping feedneck for under $4. What you do is bring your hopper and feedneck to Home Depot. You look under "Plumbing Supplies" for Copper Pipe Reducers. You find one that is a tight fit on the neck of your hopper (it may even be a little too small) and the other end could be tight on your feedneck or loose (it won't matter, I"ll explain later) You also get a hose clamp that fits around the top part of your reducer.

Cut about 5-6 evenly spaced cuts on the top of your copper reducer with a hack saw or something of the likes(where the hopper will go in) so it can expand and contract. Then you epoxy or crazy glue the other end to your stock feedneck.

You may have to sand the inside of the reducer to allow your hopper to fit snugly. Then use the hose clamp to tighten the top of the feedneck. If the instructions are fuzzy, I'm sorry, and if anyone would like to show me how to insert pics I'd be happy to post some when I get the time.

bamf-hacker
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
I have made a clamping feedneck for under $4. What you do is bring your hopper and feedneck to Home Depot. You look under "Plumbing Supplies" for Copper Pipe Reducers. You find one that is a tight fit on the neck of your hopper (it may even be a little too small) and the other end could be tight on your feedneck or loose (it won't matter, I"ll explain later) You also get a hose clamp that fits around the top part of your reducer.

Cut about 5-6 evenly spaced cuts on the top of your copper reducer with a hack saw or something of the likes(where the hopper will go in) so it can expand and contract. Then you epoxy or crazy glue the other end to your stock feedneck.

You may have to sand the inside of the reducer to allow your hopper to fit snugly. Then use the hose clamp to tighten the top of the feedneck. If the instructions are fuzzy, I'm sorry, and if anyone would like to show me how to insert pics I'd be happy to post some when I get the time.

go to a free image hosting site like imageshack (http://imageshack.us/)

upload the pic and copy the link they provide into the post on the board.

let us know if you have any questions.

HacKeR

beau
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
thats a pretty good way to do it, very creative but you could just buy a feed neck for like 5 bucks but I have to give you props for thinking of that one/

OtterSC
01-04-2006, 04:38 AM
you all are too kind plugging the site

bamf-hacker
01-04-2006, 04:44 AM
you all are too kind plugging the site

For real Otter, a link or print out of you site should goto every new baller.... I have learned a ton from there as many on these boards have. You cover just about every topic any new paintball player would need. And if you have a Spyder, then it is even more valuable.

Because of your site I have a 300psi 285fps E-Rodeo!!!

Thanks Otter!!!! You are da MAN!

HacKeR

evolutionlax247
01-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Yea well my feedneck is all done, so I wouldnt be able to do a step-by-step, but I could show off the finsihed product :D I'll get pics as soon as I have time.

covert24
01-08-2006, 10:57 AM
yo otter u a gansgta. i just polished my striker with my drill and a little sanding wheel. holy crap im good at that. but yea otters site is da bmb.