PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Adapter

STRIKEFIRST
05-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know why kingman went to this ridiculous Vertical adapter on the new markers...nobody makes regulators to fit it...why would you go away from the industry standard threading? Does it save a few pennies in machining? I'm pissed.

Ring
05-09-2006, 07:39 AM
just like they use non-standered threads on the drop's

STRIKEFIRST
05-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Whats really pathetic is that Syndicate uses the 2 screw mounting vertical adapter crap on their low end markers...can't go much lower than that!

And I can't get a Kingman tech to respond...Even with a spring kit (heavy valve and light main) I had to cut my main to get to 280FPS for a tourney this weekend...of course one to many coils cut and I had to play in the low 250's!!!! I was offered a reg to borrow...but NOT with this V/A.

Isn't it sad that a marker can't hit international speed limits (300fps) out of the box!?!?

Let alone not hitting it with a spring kit! with light main and heavy valve I was still at 311-315!!!!!!

ooglieboogliebob
05-09-2006, 12:31 PM
well .. from marker to marker it varies ... when i first got a spyder it would shoot around 285 right out of the box ..

My friends marker could barely even hit 260 fps with the velocity adjuster in all the way ....

Thats why you needa go and get it chrono'd ...

I agree with you though .. the X-chamber VA thing is really stupid ... drilling it is also a totally different concept !!! .. you cant drill too much or you'll take the whole neck off ... rather than just using your dremel with a high speed cutter bit to take a big chunk out and the just rid of the rest of it ...

Not sure what dumb idiot came up with this idea .. but i dunno why they thought they even needed to replace it !!! ... but we really can't do anything about it so i guess we can't complain ...

DeltaForce
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
yeah i was bying an expansion chamber for my gun and when i took my gun apart the stupid vertical adapter doesnt fit any x-chamber, or reg for that matter

that is dumb unless they plan on getting their own line of regs and x-chambers

either way im pissed right now, ready to buy a pilot acs and return my sonix or sell it

Sandman_Bravo
05-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Check-it makes a 15* vert adapter with a threaded gauge port. I can sympathize with you; been looking for a cheap adapter myself. Even though an adapter from a compact or sonix will fit, unfortunately they cost more than an aftermarket unit and you would still have to open up the internal ports and drill for a gauge. Sucks, huh? :mad:

Hob Hayward
05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Yar, note to delta force, pilots are the same way...

What do the kingman people think they're doing, all it could do is hurt sales from modders who don't want to have to buy a new VA neccissarily. Though most modders would end up with a higher flowing front bloack anyways

thechubbss12
05-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Yea i dunno why but kingman doesnt like going with the flow of things =(.....

But its ok that just helps out the smaller guy (CIP)

DeltaForce
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Yar, note to delta force, pilots are the same way...

does that include the pilot acs?

Sandman_Bravo
05-09-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah, that's what I have.

DeltaForce
05-10-2006, 02:42 AM
sandman do you like the pilot acs

its 120 on action village right now so i want to get it

do you think its worth it

STRIKEFIRST
05-10-2006, 04:21 AM
you'll want a real feedneck for the pilot acs...

druid
05-10-2006, 07:35 AM
And you'll wanna lose the ACS bolt :dodgy:......neh...break it in and you'll be fine...until you decide to go LP and then you'll have to ditch it in favor of one with O-rings

Frat
05-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I would imagine it has to do with milling operations. It is cheaper to mill a grove and thread two small holes than cut internal threads on one side and external threadds on the other. Cheaper manufacturing cost mean cheaper markers.