PDA

View Full Version : Imagine With Rocker Trigger Upgrade Problems

slayer322
05-08-2006, 07:27 PM
i recently upgraded my imagine with the Spyder Rocking Trigger Frame 2.0. I got the one with the back cocking Delrin ACS bolt and for some reason the bolt is about 2 inchs too long.

diagram of my problem

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8717/spyder8eo.gif

My gun

http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/emarkers/markers/imagine.html

I have drilled a hole through the striker bolt plug and it seems to work but the amount of play worries me..

big_daddy_d
05-08-2006, 07:40 PM
you got the wrong kind of bolt, thats (rear cocking) for like a rodeo or something along those lines. You need a side cocking or vision bolt. I have an aftermarket tigershark bolt in my BST thread for sale if interested.

thechubbss12
05-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Umm all you simply need to do is hack off the top part of you Velocity adjuster.... it actuly looks cooler if you do this mod =)

druid
05-09-2006, 07:33 AM
but then rig some kind of beavertail so the bolt doesn't crack you in the lense....

ooglieboogliebob
05-09-2006, 11:43 AM
... nah your gun should be fine with the hole in it .. you could even just take the whole backplate off .. but i suggest getting a beavertale though .. :p

Most people hate the rocking trigger, but if you like it .. it's fine with me .. i woulda just kept the stock frame and t-boarded it if i were you ...

Yeah he's right it's a vizion cocking bolt ... tigershard, sunbear .. and some other bolts are some good bolts ....

I believe Viking has a tigershark, and Nader has a sunbear bolt in the BST section .. although you could always purchase from big daddy also :)

Edit:
BTW the spyder's i worked with that has rear cocking seems not really smack you in your gogs too bad .. my friends aggressor XT has no beavertale on it and all it did was just decock and burp a little ... didn't leave a knick on my gogs at all ... although the results could come out slightly different everytime

druid
05-09-2006, 12:18 PM
well, the pull pin-tail is aluminum...it can shatter the goggle under a constant barrage of strikes....or weaken it faster at least

and
... nah your gun should be fine with the hole in it .. you could even just take the whole backplate off .. but i suggest getting a beavertale though .. :p

I hope you mean only the top portion...not the velocity adjuster portion :dodgy:

ooglieboogliebob
05-09-2006, 12:24 PM
very true, being round ... is even stronger and even thicker .. my friends XT was a puny thing looked like this: probably a quarter of a centimeter thick ... you could be able to bend it down .. but then it'd snap ... *cough*cheap metal*cough*

___| ... pull it back and shoot ...

BTW if the beavertales not homemade .. im not sure that you can buy any with the newer style looking like that .. the olderstyle with the siterail on it could take the stock XT beavertale ...

WhatThaSmurf
05-09-2006, 02:26 PM
i think aka makes a beavertail that plugs into the back instead of on a sight rail. not sure though.