PDA

View Full Version : wOot, new job.

Moe
05-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Well, I have a hook up and got a job at the local bike shop. Right now im on "peice work." I get 6 bux a bike to build them...Today was my first day, and i finished 2 bikes in 4 hours. lol...so, $12 bux for 4 hours of work. hah. The people who know what they are doing can usually crank them out in like 20-30 minutes. Im super excited, its a load of fun and im learning so much. And the owner said that once i know enough he would throw me out on the floor to sell. Im definitely excited. And its perfect, because this will now be my summer job for the next 4 years while i go through college.

tl:dr
wOOt, got a sweet job.

thechubbss12
05-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I applaude you.... still not as sweet as my job but its still pretty awesome.....

I work at a paintball field

TacTownKilla
05-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I applaude you.... still not as sweet as my job but its still pretty awesome.....

He gets paid in money though, not paintballs.

Edit: if you get paid in cash i hate you, just for the fact that i dont.

claustrophobia9
05-08-2006, 05:38 PM
i hate to put this out there but standard kroger pay is double that, i hope u get better... :p sounds cool though, i like having moneys how about you?

colonel_moo
05-08-2006, 05:58 PM

working at a paintball field kinda sucks... especially an indoor one where you have to clean the field every night, sometimes by hand.

but if i actually got paid for it i wouldnt mind it... my dead end sponsorship wasnt worth it.

claustrophobia9
05-08-2006, 06:05 PM
those silent push sweepers (the ones at movie theatres) do wonders on the grounds of indoor fields.

03TiburonGT
05-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I definetly need a summer job, but it kinda sucks because I'll be 15 until August and by then all the jobs will most likely be filled. Do you guys think that some places will hire at 15? If so, please name a few, preferably paid in cash - not paintballs.

big_daddy_d
05-08-2006, 07:08 PM
If you work somewhere that pays you in cash and not a check you could possibly get away working at 15...

chubb0rz
05-08-2006, 07:14 PM
If you work somewhere that pays you in cash and not a check you could possibly get away working at 15...
Yup. I got away with it at 12 :D

durrell
05-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I started working when I was 13, worked for the local pool checking memberships and running a snack bar..got paid 4 dollars an hour. Freaking sweet for a 13 year old..

Drefish99
05-08-2006, 08:06 PM
If your happy with what you are doing. It beats getting paid a super high salary to only really dislike your life. I am lucky enough to really love my job even though it only pays minimum wage.

:dodgy:

Moe
05-08-2006, 08:35 PM
If your happy with what you are doing. It beats getting paid a super high salary to only really dislike your life. I am lucky enough to really love my job even though it only pays minimum wage.

:dodgy:

hah, whateva dre. by your gats we all know you are loaded.;)

but i agree with you. i dont care if i dont get paid. im learning so much. its awesome.

MatthewTheTheif
05-08-2006, 08:42 PM
dude, i seriously hope you get faster, for your sake. Right now i hate the pay i get vs the amount of work i do. (cashier)

i make double what you do, but i think the extra money i would lose would be worth liking my job.

im guessing this bike shop is like schwin and stuff, not motorcycles

thechubbss12
05-09-2006, 04:26 AM
yea i get paid in cash (under the table so no taxes) and sometime equpiment (guns, tanks, jerseys, etc).... paint comes free (most of the time) =)....

ooglieboogliebob
05-09-2006, 12:40 PM
haha chubbs thats gotta be awesome for you ...

Hey tib.. be cart boy .. im only 14 .. turning 15 in August .. and you get paid minimum wage ... but it's still better than nothing... planning on doing it in the summer ...

Team Ramrod
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
haha chubbs thats gotta be awesome for you ...

Hey tib.. be cart boy .. im only 14 .. turning 15 in August .. and you get paid minimum wage ... but it's still better than nothing... planning on doing it in the summer ...

Its true, i did it when turning from 15/16 and its one of the easiest jobs ever, im there this year untill summer when i'll quit and go work construction with my dad or one of his guys he knows (prolly brick laying)

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 01:43 PM
i almost had a job at eb games but i wasnt 17 (minimum age for work there) some guy was talking to the manager who knows nothing about xb360 and i answered the question, smiled and handed the manager my application, he looked through it while asking me questions and then he hit age and told me to come back in a year. they were severly understaffed at the time

marvin-martian
05-09-2006, 01:54 PM
you and your xbox claus...

thechubbss12
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey thats pretty messed up clause.... what ebgames did is against your rights.... its called age descrimination... By law they are not allowed to ask you how old you are... seriously

Moe congrats on your job and i hope that you get to the speed of building 3 bikes an hour lol....

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 03:45 PM
no by law they cant hire people under 17 cuz of ****ing activists who make mature game sales look like an uber sin against any god you may believe in. so i cant sell games that are mature until im 17. which is garbage. i asked the same question to him though.

i guess liberman and clinton are above the law...

SniperX
05-10-2006, 03:48 PM
i hate to put this out there but standard kroger pay is double that, i hope u get better... :p sounds cool though, i like having moneys how about you?
u make 12 an hour? nite shift? i work at kroger and i make 6.00... -_- have to work two jobs

chubb0rz
05-10-2006, 06:23 PM
u make 12 an hour? nite shift? i work at kroger and i make 6.00... -_- have to work two jobs

"$12 bux for 4 hours of work." = $3 an hour. So double would be 6.

claustrophobia9
05-10-2006, 06:53 PM
no, he makes 3 bucks per hour cuz it takes him so long to make bikes. i make 6 but ill be 7 in a week cuz of the union that so many people hate. chubs got it. im gonna try to get a job at my dads work after i take some java classes at school. last time i did i got 15 bucks an hour, all i did was punch numbers.