PDA

View Full Version : Micro switch question.

Shocker Guy
05-07-2006, 08:47 PM
First question. Has any one tryed the mirco switches from Radio shack? Do they work? are they lighter than the stock switch?

Second question. I used to get 50g mirco switches from LPSpyder.com but there not around any more. any one know where I can get them?

thanks everyone.

bungeye
05-07-2006, 08:59 PM
i think you can get them from the same site that sell t-boards.

ill go find the link

bungeye
05-07-2006, 09:02 PM
here it is

http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/tswitch.htm

druid
05-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I have used the radio shack switches and yes, they work just fine. They are a little 'lighter' than a stock switch but I don't know exactly by how much ...they are the same size (dimentionally) and if you plan on getting/modding some, I suggest buying a section of each...red and black wire and some heat-shrink tubing...

pre-wire the switch with 8" of wire...red to hot, black to ground/neutral...and slide the heat-shrink tube over the joining and shrink it on.

vikingshadow
05-08-2006, 04:42 AM
I've used them as well, but to tell you the truth, ended up modifying everyone of them anyways. Save your money and learn to modify the ones you have already...it's fun and easy and a couple of bucks is a couple of bucks...

Shocker Guy
05-08-2006, 10:49 AM
ok thanks guys. I remember reading something about modifying them. I'll have to go find it.

Can some please help. I need to know how to modify a micro switch. Thanks

vikingshadow
05-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Just take the switch from inside the frame (no need to even disconnect it! At least I never do - too much hassle...) pop the top cover off, slightly bend one of the prongs in there - not too much! It could be too light or not activate if it's too close. Then pop the top back on and reinsert your switch.

Nothing but a chicken wing on a string.....maybe if I find some time, I'll post a tutorial on it - someone else did it once before, Dragon, maybe?

UKwithPride
05-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Just take the switch from inside the frame (no need to even disconnect it! At least I never do - too much hassle...) pop the top cover off, slightly bend one of the prongs in there - not too much! It could be too light or not activate if it's too close. Then pop the top back on and reinsert your switch.

Nothing but a chicken wing on a string.....maybe if I find some time, I'll post a tutorial on it - someone else did it once before, Dragon, maybe?
I thought I posted in here and said that.:confused: I guess I may have forgot to press submit, LOL. Anyways, yes, it twas Dragon.

vikingshadow
05-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Nah, I meant he posted it on the old forums...had a big write up on it and everything. May have been the same thing - I didn't read it since I already knew it...sorry!

UKwithPride
05-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Nah, I meant he posted it on the old forums...had a big write up on it and everything. May have been the same thing - I didn't read it since I already knew it...sorry!
No I mean I though I said how to do the microswitch mod in this thread, but I knew dragon did it on the old boards. :)

Xyxyll
05-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Consider the modification addressed in this thread. If you want something with 50g activation weight with a better response (less play in the switch) or are worried about messing something up in the stock switch, I have 50g switches with crimped wires already soldered. Check my signature for details.

Shocker Guy
05-17-2006, 09:36 PM
thanks i'll be getting a few from you in a few weeks. Bills suck