PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions About Flash

Slammed0
05-06-2006, 08:36 PM
My buddy just bought a Flash used. Its a good gun and it is working, however, we have ran into 2 things.

1. When the gun is cocked back, the valve pin and spring are moving freely. You can hear them in there rattling around. When the gun is cocked forward, you can't hear them. I wouldn't consider this normal? :shrug: And yes we have the all the parts needed and back together as far as I am concerned. I know its cause the pin is probably falling through the valve when the hammer is dropped back.

2. It will shoot fine on fully automatic, however, once so often (I dunno, maybe ever 20-30 shots) the gun won't recock and you have to do it manually. What would cause this?

Thanks guys!!

ooglieboogliebob
05-06-2006, 09:13 PM
... don't think that's whats moving freely ... here's my explanation .. if it were moving freely .. then your gun would be leaking ... ever heard of a bad cupseal ?? ... you know why that happens right ?? .. it's cuz the cupseal can't seal the valve .. and think about it .. if your valve pin was moving around .. so would your cupseal .. therefore .. it's something else ...

Fully automatic problem ... most likely because your using co2 .. and co2's recharge rate is 15 ... exceed that or maintain full auto for a period of time and the co2's psi level will drop down ... feel your tank .. it should feel pretty cold.

If that's not problem .. get back to me .. i'v got a few more stored in mind

Slammed0
05-07-2006, 08:48 AM
I see your point but I really do think its something in that area rattling around. You can hear it clearly when the hammer is cocked back. The cup seal on those things are brass! So, for me it was hard to tell if it was bad or not. Now, the cup seal isn't supposed to hold that pin with it is it? Cause they are clearly seperated when the gun is cocked back.

I know it probably sounds wierd, but I am trying to explain it the best I can. Its kind of hard to explain things on the net sometimes. :lol:

Ares
05-07-2006, 08:55 AM
valve spring>4 point washer>cupseal>valve pin

valve pin screws into cupseal

druid
05-07-2006, 12:35 PM
probably the cupseal guide (star shaped washer) is bouncing around

ooglieboogliebob
05-07-2006, 01:22 PM
^^.. yeah that was my thought ... i can't think of anything else besides that ...

maybe you should take it apart and see the loose parts ....

Slammed0
05-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Yep thats it! His valve pin doesn't screw into the cupseal. Time for a new one.