PDA

View Full Version : Ion question...

alk1979
05-06-2006, 04:53 PM
I hate to ask a question about an ion in here but I read that some of you have them. I just bought one and it won't gas up. I screwed the tank on with is showing has 2000psi and blah,no sound of air filling the gun and no reading on the gauge above the regulator. I worked the regulator adjustment in and out and no change. I also tried a full co2 bottle but still the same result. I can feel the bottle bottom out when I turn it in so I know I'm in all the way.

Any thoughts? Thanks !!

Muddytaco
05-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Could be the stock duckbill isn't long enough to press the pin valve in far enough. Do you have another duckbill or on/off you could try? Also if you where messing with the reg make sure its turn all the way out so you don't blow the noid.

Bigwrecker
05-06-2006, 05:43 PM
you probably blew your reg and ruined a few other things if your using regular co2. if this is unsiphoned co2 then your screwed. time to buy a new gun.

ShadowX
05-06-2006, 05:43 PM
WHOA! If that Co2 tank is not anti-siphoned, you are VERY lucky that it did not air up.. That would have caused some MAJOR problems... Like a frozen Noid or, in simpler terms, 90 bucks from the wallet...

Yea.. Try what Muddy said..

alk1979
05-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Taco was exactly right the pin was pressing quite enough to air up.. I didn't know stuff was so sensitive to co2 in the gun thanks for the heads up. The co2 tanks are anti siphoned but they may be upside down for this gun.

Thanks for the info