PDA

View Full Version : Would Appreciate Some Assistance

Slammed0
05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Everything is about as clear as mud. :confused: There are alot more ways to upgrade a Spyder than I first imagined. I have a Pilot ACS and want the best out of it. Long term I just want the best accuracy, distance, and consistancy I can get out of it.

Now tons of things have me confused. I have MANY questions. I have done searches, read posts, but still sometimes the more I read the more I think I lose what I am trying to understand.

Expansions chambers/regulators/stabalizers - Now, are these basically all the same thing? Regulators/stabalizers are better and replace the expansion chamber

HPA - High Pressure Air. Now, this is just gas right? How does one go this direction cause I would like to. Where do you fill HPA at? Will my Pilot handle it?

Low Pressure - I am sure there are more benefits to go Low Pressure, but as for now all I get is that you just use less air.

Now to achieve the gun I am looking to build what would I need?
So far I have
SP All American Barrel
Halo Hopper

Thinking About
Assault Block
Palmer Stabalizer
HPA
Spring Kit
High Pressure aftermarket valve
aftermarket hammer
Possibly Tboard

Anything I should add/drop to that?

I really do appreciate any and all comments. Thanks guys!!

OtterSC
05-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Everything is about as clear as mud. :confused: There are alot more ways to upgrade a Spyder than I first imagined. I have a Pilot ACS and want the best out of it. Long term I just want the best accuracy, distance, and consistancy I can get out of it.

for those 3 things you want out of your marker, it is simple. match the paint you use most with a barrel, and add a decent regulator. that pretty much covers everything that you are wanting.

no valve or bolt will provide you those things despite there claims in there advertisement.

Expansions chambers/regulators/stabalizers - Now, are these basically all the same thing? Regulators/stabalizers are better and replace the expansion chamber

the x-chambers are supposed to keep liquid CO2 out of the marker. not 100% effective. a better solution is to install an anti-siphon tube. your local shop can do that for no more than $20.00 complete.

the regulators and stabilizers are basically the same. they will regulate the air from the source tank into your marker. helps with shot to shot consistency and basically will help you become more accurate. you will know where the paint will go if the paintball is traveling the same velocity with each pull of the trigger.

the Stabilizer is a specific brand name from Palmers. it is designed to not only regulate the air. but will also help keep liquid CO2 out. equal to the x-chamber if not slightly better.

HPA - High Pressure Air. Now, this is just gas right? How does one go this direction cause I would like to. Where do you fill HPA at? Will my Pilot handle it?

to use HPA from CO2, there really is nothing that you need to add, remove, or modify to use it. just get a tank that is high pressure output rating. HPA is also a general term used for a tank. you can fill these tanks with HPA or N2 (nitrogen). but do not fill with CO2.

also, you cannot fill CO2 tanks with HPA or N2.

Low Pressure - I am sure there are more benefits to go Low Pressure, but as for now all I get is that you just use less air.

LP - FAQ (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/lp.html) <- try looking at that link for pros and cons.

Now to achieve the gun I am looking to build what would I need?
So far I have
SP All American Barrel
Halo Hopper

Thinking About
Assault Block
Palmer Stabalizer
HPA
Spring Kit
High Pressure aftermarket valve
aftermarket hammer
Possibly Tboard

Anything I should add/drop to that?

it depends if you do want to go LP. if not, the only other thing that will add performance aside from the barrel and regulator suggestion is a spring kit like a 32degree one. HPA will also be good to consider as that will add to the consistency.

if you are going to get a regulator at the same time as an HPA tank, then you really do not need to purchase a Palmer. Palmer will work with HPA/N2. but is best suited for those sticking with CO2. HPA regs that i like are the Check It Powerstation and the WGP Ergo.

again, if you are not going LP, then a valve, bolt, or hammer will not help in increasing performance. and needless money spent.

the assault block will provide a unique look to your marker, may help with holding the marker when tight in a bunker, and provide better air flow through your marker. but not exactly needed. though, with the marker that you have, you will need to consider one for adding a regulator. a straight VA that is also good is a 32degree VA.

bamf-hacker
05-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Very well put Otter!!!

I guess the biggest question is how much do you want to spend on upgrading... It can get expensive.

If you are just looking for those 3 things, then all you would need is HPA and a good paint/barrel match. HPA would give you the consistency and the paint/barrel match the accuracy and distance. There is a GREAT chart on Otters site for the paint and barrel sizes. Barrel Chart (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrelc.html) and Paint Chart] (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html)

HacKeR

druid
05-04-2006, 12:03 PM
LMFAO......he posted the exact same thing in spyderzone and my responses were almost word-for-word Otter.....lmfao...

bamf-hacker
05-04-2006, 12:11 PM
LMFAO......he posted the exact same thing in spyderzone and my responses were almost word-for-word Otter.....lmfao...

What is this "spyderzone" you speak of?

HacKeR

vikingshadow
05-04-2006, 12:44 PM
It's another "spyder" forum...I quit going there because it wasn't as friendly and helpful as this one. I posted a link once and got HAMMERED because I didn't use UBB code, which at the time I knew nothing about.

Kind of like PBNation always telling people to search first or the (apparently) mandatory "no vs. threads" people put when they know absolutely nothing about the answer....

Slammed0
05-04-2006, 03:59 PM

Hey, the more the merrier. :lol: So that was you? Kinda word for word eh? You were pretty much pointing me in the direction of a LP system?

Anyways, thanks guys. I actually went and looked around Otters site last night and it helped alot. Plus with everybody's input and opinions it helps set me in the right direction. I would rather bug people with posts than to just go out and start buying products left and right.

Thanks everybody!