PDA

View Full Version : Shocktech trigger

mullannix930
05-03-2006, 03:16 PM
I have just put in a Shocktech trigger in my Pilot ACS. The problem is that since it uses no return spring I have to keep right on the switch. While this makes my shots faster, I now have a problem with bump fire. Adjusting the trigger out away from the switch makes it worse. Is bump fire a problem (illegal in tournament etc)? If it is what can I do without changeing the trigger again?

ooglieboogliebob
05-03-2006, 03:31 PM
umm... are you talking about bounce ?? .. if thats it ... you can fix it ..., but no it's not illegal in tournaments.

Get rare earth magnets, and put them where your springs should be .. but make them repel .. should be good ... your gonna needa countersink/drill your trigger and frame so the magnets are snug though ...

druid
05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
yep HERE'S THE MOD TUTORIAL (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/magtrig.html)

and AND HERE ARE THE MAGNETS (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102642&cp=&origkw=rare+earth+magnets&kw=rare+earth+magnets&parentPage=search)

mullannix930
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
The marker will fire when I bump the back of the bottle or the back of the marker. The trigger is not bouncing off the front of the frame or off of the foreward position and then returning to trip the switch, it is only firing when I hit the back of the marker.

druid
05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
exactly...which is why I posted those links...the trigger's weight + no resistance by the switch means it will fire when bumped from the rear. Click the links and do the work...that'll end your problem. period.

mullannix930
05-05-2006, 09:00 AM
I just don't want to void the waranty.

druid
05-05-2006, 10:07 AM
then place a spring that's mssing from above the trigger adjustment screw onto the shocktech. If you need one, use a spring from a push-button pen. Clip it to about 1/4" long and epoxy it to the trigger only. It will go between the toe (in front of the mounting pin) and the frame.

ooglieboogliebob
05-06-2006, 12:33 PM
yep druid's second plan'll work but ... it's not the best ...

BTW ... the kingman warranty's don't really do that much IMO ... it really doesn't cover anything ... and if you didn't send that warranty form out when you first got your gun (or 30 days past) .. that warranty's not gonna do crap ...

If you ever do have problems.. this is the place to go ... we can help fix almost any problem .... if you email kingman they'll charge you for parts and such ...

bungeye
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
BTW ... the kingman warranty's don't really do that much IMO ... it really doesn't cover anything ... and if you didn't send that warranty form out when you first got your gun (or 30 days past) .. that warranty's not gonna do crap ...

see thats a good thing about nz, if you buy something from a new zealand dealer, its covered for a reasonable time (depending on how much you pay for the product) under the consumer guarentees act, so if anything goes wrong they have to refund replace or repair the product.

mullannix930
05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
The first problem is that the spring was not on the top of the trigger but in a spot in front of the screw (about 1/8" in front of the screw). I can' put the spring on top of the trigger where the spring sits because it makes the trigger fire and not return to the starting spot. Under the trigger is out due to the adjustment hole for the trigger.

bungeye
05-07-2006, 08:10 PM
there sound be a seperate slot for the spring. take the frame off the gun, Hold the frame how you would normally hold it (about to shoot), then look directly down from the top (a birds eye view) there is the cut out bit in the black frame where the trigger goes thru, go up about 5mm (towards the front of the gun, (if onnected to the body) where the x-chamber/reg is) and there should be a little round bit, it lloks like someone has drilled away at it but hasnt gone the whole way through. this is where the spring will sit.