PDA

View Full Version : HPA Recommendations

70Vette69
05-03-2006, 05:49 AM
I have a stock 05 Electra and I want to use HPA. I am very new to paintball and was wondering if someone could make some recommendations for a good tank supplier and anything else I might need. I would like the tank to have an adjustable regulator. The people I go with have tanks there to re-fill with that I can use, which is why I want to switch.

Thanks.

bamf-hacker
05-03-2006, 06:07 AM
You really don't need an adjustable tank, your Spyder runs at around 800-850psi which is the output of any of the high pressure tanks, but if an adjustable tank is what you want here is a good one.

Nitro Duck Tank (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=O8sk2bzOcF8kkPiWkt_kcbZoc6QByogSoGo=?Pro ductID=i02sFAY7hNEAAAD7nxQ3nRyp)

I personally like Crossfire tanks but I don't think they have an adjustable output reg on any of theirs.

Crossfire High Pressure Tank (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=O8sk2bzOcF8kkPiWkt_kcbZoc6QByogSoGo=?Pro ductID=zZSsFAY7_%2ewAAAD3x2elA_2t)

Something to consider ts the psi of the Tank you are getting. You said you will have it filled by the people you are playing with. Tanks come in 3 different pressures, 3000psi, 4500psi and 5000psi. If they can not fill up to 4500psi then a 3000psi tank would be cheaper for you.

Welcome to the boards and ask away there are a lot of good people here to answer your questions...

HacKeR

70Vette69
05-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the info.

That is a good point about the PSI. I will have to ask them what they typically fill the tanks too.

The only reason I want it to be adjustable is because currently the gun is a little hot. So I thought if I could turn down the pressure a little I would be able to get the velocity closer to where I want it(or at least where everyone else I am playing with would like it). Although maybe a tank with a regulator is more expensive than just buying a spring kit????

applesauce
05-06-2006, 08:45 PM
i have a cross fire 45/45...works great, and spring kits are only like 10 bucks or so depending on where u shop...and its a good idea to have extra parts anyway...so ide do both