05-02-2006, 06:49 PM
which car company would you choose?
Chevy
Ford
Dodge
GMC

TacTownKilla
05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
If i had a choice i would say chevy out of those choices, but i think i gotta say ford since i drive a 93 ranger.

marvin-martian
05-02-2006, 07:34 PM
europe companies ftw

claustrophobia9
05-02-2006, 07:47 PM
they all need to stop sucking.

Victa_Balla
05-03-2006, 03:32 AM
Chevy Deffinantly.

03TiburonGT
05-03-2006, 03:55 AM
they all need to stop sucking.

Yeah pretty much. Build quailty of American made cars is pretty bad. Ford and chevys alike fall apart after 6-7 years while Hondas and Toyotas will keep running for up to 15. I'm not saying all American made cars will last that long, and the same for Hondas and Toyotas. If the choice were there, I would choose Honda. They have recieved car of the year (Civic) and truck of the year (Ridgeline) from Car and Driver. They have developed two hybrid vehicles - always a plus for the environment and for gas. Their build quality has been solid throughout the last 15 years. They put out great daily drivers (Civic, Accord), fast cars at a great price (Civic SI, S2000), and reliable SUVs and trucks. To me, the choice is obvious.

bamf-hacker
05-03-2006, 05:29 AM
Chevy man here....

The only reason I am driving a Honda, is the last Honda saved my life!

HacKeR

shunut
05-03-2006, 06:19 AM
Honda

If I had to choose from the above Chevy, but I never would. Also aren't Chevy and GMC about the samething?

durrell
05-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah Chevy and GMC are same trucks/cars, different badges.

I'm a Ford man myself but I definitely like Chevys. In fact my next purchase might be a Chevy Silverado if gas doesn't go up even more..

Tk-421
05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
bring back the CAMARO!!!... oh, wait..they are...W00t!!

Zenin
05-03-2006, 11:35 AM
which car company would you choose?
Chevy
Ford
Dodge
GMC

If we're talking vintage cars, Chevy.

If we're talking new cars...E) None Of The Above

I'm getting a new Tacoma myself...which is an American car (it's built in Fremont, CA) :cool:

vwjimmy
05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
are we talking cars or trucks? (GMC only brands trucks)
if its trucks.....Ford all the way
if its cars....Chevy all the way
I speak from 26 years in the auto repair business and the fact that these actually have the best repair records in real life. Chevy trucks still have weak transmissions and Ford cars have weak engines.......
(my Grandfather is rooling over in his grave...he was adie hard Chevy man!)
:D

xtraking
05-03-2006, 04:02 PM
chevy definatly

newkid
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
gotta respect the bowtie

Zenin
05-03-2006, 04:57 PM
gotta respect the bowtie

No, no I don't...I really, really don't...

The only thing any American car maker does well at the moment are the larger trucks...but once the 2007 Tundra comes out even that nitch will be lost to them.

Do yourself a favor: Buy foreign and pay $10 for the bowtie logo badge, because buying American these days is only about having that badge...not about what is actually better. US car makers need to wake the &#!$! up and fast or be put out to pasture. I've got quite a few friends that are car dealers...all selling American. They can't sell anything...the story they tell me is that Toyota is selling like mad, followed by other foreign makes, but that no one selling American can sell anything to save their life. There's a reason US makers have a ton of major incentive offers going on right now while Toyota and the others have almost none. The foreign makers don't need to slash their prices to sell like the US makers do...

timmyshoota
05-03-2006, 05:11 PM
LS1 > all. So Chevy for the win. But I'd take a Honda. My old Honda was stolen like a month ago. In another week or so I should be getting a Nissan 240sx. Japanese for me please. Maybe in 2008 I might get the new Camaro though.

claustrophobia9
05-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah pretty much. Build quailty of American made cars is pretty bad. Ford and chevys alike fall apart after 6-7 years while Hondas and Toyotas will keep running for up to 15. I'm not saying all American made cars will last that long, and the same for Hondas and Toyotas. If the choice were there, I would choose Honda. They have recieved car of the year (Civic) and truck of the year (Ridgeline) from Car and Driver. They have developed two hybrid vehicles - always a plus for the environment and for gas. Their build quality has been solid throughout the last 15 years. They put out great daily drivers (Civic, Accord), fast cars at a great price (Civic SI, S2000), and reliable SUVs and trucks. To me, the choice is obvious. not to mention the employees getting layed off at ford here in ohio... i wish i'd stop hearing the same things on the news, over and over again.

03TiburonGT
05-03-2006, 05:58 PM
My brother who is currently in school at UTI (Universal Technical Institute) head rumors that was most likely just made up. But he heard that in 10-15 years, Toyota is going to buy out GM and Honda is going to buy out Ford. That leaves the American market with what? Dodge and what else? I see this as possible, maybe not all that plausible, but I would definetly not be suprised.

Recon by Fire
05-03-2006, 07:44 PM
There's not much differece between most car companies....the "imports" are built in the US. The "domestic" cars are mostly built in Mexico (or mopst of the sum of their parts and they are only assembled in the US).

Foreign cars? Oh, you must mean Ford, Chevy, etc... LOL

durrell
05-04-2006, 07:54 PM
LS1 > all. So Chevy for the win. But I'd take a Honda. My old Honda was stolen like a month ago. In another week or so I should be getting a Nissan 240sx. Japanese for me please. Maybe in 2008 I might get the new Camaro though.

I still don't understand why you feel this way, the old Vettes (03 C5's) had a slower 0-60 and a slower quarter time than the 03 Cobras. To each his own I suppose, I still think you just enjoy bashing Fords for no apparent reason. :rolleyes: And although the Vettes take the Cobra handling wise, who cares when it comes to a daily driver? And then the 07 Cobra is going to be a C6 ZO6 eater..can't wait for that..but noo that LS1 is so fantastic.

I'm still torn between an F-150 and a Z-71 Silverado..both would be 4x4, around 2000-2002 year models. I'm also considering just stepping up to a GT from my current Mustang to save gas and save money..I just can't decide..

timmyshoota
05-04-2006, 09:30 PM
My brother who is currently in school at UTI (Universal Technical Institute) head rumors that was most likely just made up. But he heard that in 10-15 years, Toyota is going to buy out GM and Honda is going to buy out Ford. That leaves the American market with what? Dodge and what else? I see this as possible, maybe not all that plausible, but I would definetly not be suprised.
Toyota buying out GM is a very good possibility and is a very popular rumor. Honda buying Ford I really can't see happening.

D, 03 SVT Cobra = supercharged V8, putting out 390/390. C5 Vette = NA V8 putting out 350/360. Put a blower on the Vette and see where that leads you. Now if you wanna compare NA to NA models. The Mach1 is the Cobra engine without the blower...and that one is 305/320 and runs mid 13s stock. LS1s are mid 12s stock. Oh yeah, did I mention the C5 gets 18/28 when it comes to gas mileage. What does the 03 Cobra get? Thats right...16/22. LS1s are awesome machines. Get great gas mileage, respond excellently to mods and and aren't very expensive.

My bench racing > your bench racing.

03TiburonGT
05-05-2006, 02:20 PM
D, 03 SVT Cobra = supercharged V8, putting out 390/390. C5 Vette = NA V8 putting out 350/360. Put a blower on the Vette and see where that leads you. Now if you wanna compare NA to NA models. The Mach1 is the Cobra engine without the blower...and that one is 305/320 and runs mid 13s stock. LS1s are mid 12s stock. Oh yeah, did I mention the C5 gets 18/28 when it comes to gas mileage. What does the 03 Cobra get? Thats right...16/22. LS1s are awesome machines. Get great gas mileage, respond excellently to mods and and aren't very expensive.

The purpose of the comparison was stock for stock. Once you put money into one you have to put money into the other. So you add a blower to your C5, we add a nitrous system and alcohol injection....

Using EPA rating fuel economy is a waste of time. Their ratings are so off its rediculous. Try using Car and Driver actual EPA and that might change the winner of that.

Edmunds.com (the more accurate KBB type pricing system):

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra: $24,023 - $29,830
2003 Chevrolet Corvetter Z06 (couldn't find C5): $34,314

Thats Z06, not even C5. Stock for stock its a no brainer.

Victa_Balla
05-05-2006, 04:20 PM
not to mention the employees getting layed off at ford here in ohio... i wish i'd stop hearing the same things on the news, over and over again.

Here in Virginia too. The F-150 capitol getting shut down cause ford is making 2 billion profit instead of 5....What a bunch of whiney little girls

timmyshoota
05-05-2006, 07:07 PM
The purpose of the comparison was stock for stock. Once you put money into one you have to put money into the other. So you add a blower to your C5, we add a nitrous system and alcohol injection....

Using EPA rating fuel economy is a waste of time. Their ratings are so off its rediculous. Try using Car and Driver actual EPA and that might change the winner of that.

Edmunds.com (the more accurate KBB type pricing system):

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra: $24,023 - $29,830
2003 Chevrolet Corvetter Z06 (couldn't find C5): $34,314

Thats Z06, not even C5. Stock for stock its a no brainer.
C5 = base Corvette from 97-05, they sell in the low 20s now. You are still comparing a SC'd car to an NA car. The only way Ford can attempt to compete is with a blower. D wants to talk about the 07 Cobra...wait til the new Camaro comes out, there's a rumored SS model with forced induction.