PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on 97 jetta gls?

xtraking
05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
http://tinyurl.com/j7fhg

I would probably try and get him down to almost 3 grand, do you think i could get lower? I am claling him tongith and askign for pictures of the side and maybe thsi weekend im gonig up to drive it.
Anybody here who has had a jetta?

Dave

*EM1-Master*
05-02-2006, 02:13 PM
I have a MkIV Jetta...
1997 will be MkIII... My sister's boyfriend has a MkIII Jetta, actually,but... The one you're looking at has the 2.0L engine... Which will go forever... I'd definitely ask about interior condition... How far away is he? You should drive it before you buy it... Definitely a good buy though... The chip on the hood should be fixed soon after you get it, though, to prevent an outbreak of rust... Great car though

03TiburonGT
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Before you buy any used car, have it inspected by your mechanic. The Jetta is a great commuter car and daily driver. I would suggest against it if you plan on upgrading it or modifying it. 90k miles is on the high side for a Volkswagon, they have had quality problems as of recently. I would offer $3,000 and see if he has a counter offer. $3,500 would definetly be a fair price for this car. State the chip on the hood and relatively high milage when discussing a price.

thechubbss12
05-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Ehh only two down sides is that (Automatic.... Aryan made) Now im not dissing the germans but the Volkswagon company hasnt been the most reilable company for along time.... just buy at your own risk.

*EM1-Master*
05-02-2006, 06:15 PM
90k miles is on the low side for the 2.0L ABA engine.... They're known to go 300k+...

claustrophobia9
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
i got a 97 nissan maxima with 95k v6 for 5000. jettas are bricks though... so 3k doesnt seem like its screwing the owner or that its really a bad deal at all. and dont make me get into volkswagon humor, we were telling jokes that need not be repeated at the car show just to piss of the guys working at the vw booth.