PDA

View Full Version : velocity adjustment shim kit?

fanersk
05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
i saw these http://www.pevs.com/detail.asp?pid=126551 are they the black plastic thing that inserts into my spring? if so why would you pay so much for it? are they better than spring kits? if so could i make my own? it seems pretty simple. i suppose you could use a nail or something and attach something to the back. any thoughts on this would be very helpful. thanks.

WhatThaSmurf
05-01-2006, 05:46 PM
yes, those are replacements for your spring guide. they adjust your velocity by about ten between sizes. the only thing they really have against spring kits is that springs wear out. i would not suggest trying to make your own.

druid
05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
the only real reason for these kits is to finely, micro-tune the marker and they aren't really needed. They will wear out your striker springs faster so don't get them unless you really need them

bamf-hacker
05-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Those are actually made out of aluminum and work very well to fine tune your FPS. I had my Rodeo running LP and they worked well in combination with my spring kit to get things working right. Especially during the winter months. However most of the time i used the black one, which is the same as the plastic one that came with the gun.

HacKeR

fanersk
05-02-2006, 01:00 PM
k thanks guys.

die_foo
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
that comes with several adjustment choices and they are all made out of aluminum. personally, i wouldnt get them unless you cant find anything else or u are desperate for more fps