PDA

View Full Version : IS the MR1 good?

Sn1p3r
05-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey iam new here and iam going to buy a paintball gun this week, or soon, and this gun caught my attention, and is this gun worth the money? Cuz iam willing to spend like 150-180 bucks(CDN). Like is this gun accurate, cuz where i go paintballing the rentals are tippman 98 customs and are pretty inaccurate,but then again they only have like "5" barrels.... So my overall question is, worth the money?

DRAGON
05-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Absolutely -

Sn1p3r
05-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Also I know this is sorta off topic, but people actually intimidate people by showing how fast they shoot, and people get scared, I know this because i was using a rental and, i was just like i dont wanna get shot 50 thousand times, like lets say i had a can on some stick or something, like 25 feet away how many times would i have to shoot before i nail it, would be right on target the first time?

pman15
05-01-2006, 05:52 PM
ya espacially in the pro leagues they get unloaded on even though they are out{it's called bonus balling if u didn't know} same with me everytime i'm out i scream i'm out because my friends don't hear me because they are 2 busy unloading on me even though i'm out

Sn1p3r
05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
yea also what would u recommend to upgrade.

DRAGON
05-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Also I know this is sorta off topic, but people actually intimidate people by showing how fast they shoot, and people get scared, I know this because i was using a rental and, i was just like i dont wanna get shot 50 thousand times, like lets say i had a can on some stick or something, like 25 feet away how many times would i have to shoot before i nail it, would be right on target the first time?

Amusing post to say the least lol. Just think of shooting as 20% marker 80% skill - ;)

new_Faction64
05-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Well Sniper, I'd say take it easy at first, learn about different guns and what might be right for you.

Frat
05-01-2006, 10:18 PM
The MR1 is an excellent gun but it is not an X-ball gun. Simply because you can empty a 300 round hopper in 10 seconds does not mean you can shoot it just means you can waste paint. If you take it into the woods, a good sized spools or speedball field it will hold it's own just fine.

Sn1p3r
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
hmm maybe then MR1 is not for me... Cuz iam looking for a scenareo/woodsball gun thats at least pretty accurate.

***Never Mind i have decided to get the MR1, just can anyone tell me where i can get better triggers, or frames, i know u can get an electronic frame but costs 200(CDN)***

DRAGON
05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
***Never Mind i have decided to get the MR1, just can anyone tell me where i can get better triggers, or frames, i know u can get an electronic frame but costs 200(CDN)***

Good choice and if it's electro trigger frames you want, scroll down to B/S/T. I always see them for around $40 there -

Hob Hayward
05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Or if you really want an e-trigger just spend the extra 100$ for the MR2, it also has some other advantages, like the ACS.

new_Faction64
05-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Or if you really want an e-trigger just spend the extra 100$ for the MR2, it also has some other advantages, like the ACS.

-It also has internal cocked mechanism (you just pull back the EXTERNAL cockin mechanism once, and it won't move after). What this does then is makes it so there are no externally moving parts.

Sn1p3r
05-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Hmm... Ive been wonderin, cuz iam looking to spend around 510, on like the hopper,gun,tank, and mask (CDN). Ok so, MR1,Richochet Rhino, 48000 compressed air, and JT flex-8. I was gonna get a HALO B but its 130... And i was gonna get it but replaced the 20 oz tank with the compressed...:confused:

Hob Hayward
05-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Well.,, I'd say co2 would be fine. Especially because a 68/4500 tank costs more than an MR2...

new_Faction64
05-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Hmm... Ive been wonderin, cuz iam looking to spend around 510, on like the hopper,gun,tank, and mask (CDN). Ok so, MR1,Richochet Rhino, 48000 compressed air, and JT flex-8. I was gonna get a HALO B but its 130... And i was gonna get it but replaced the 20 oz tank with the compressed...:confused:

Yeah if you wanna keep costs down, forget the compressed air, I mean it's a great thing, but I don't think the price is justifiable, especially for beginners, or unless you have the extra $$$. Plus you could run into the lack of fill stations.

Sn1p3r
05-03-2006, 02:29 PM
yea true, i dont even like the look of the Richochet rhino, I was gonna get the compressed because where i mainly go paintballing they only fill compressed air, and no CO2 did i mention they fill compressed air for free on BYOP, Mon-Thurs (p.s i paintball at paintball nation in Mississauga,Ontario,Canada)

Hob Hayward
05-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Well get a 48/3000 then or perhaps a 72/3000 just for field use. I did that. Because I don't want to spend a crapload on a 4500 tank...

Sn1p3r
05-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Is there honeslty like any upgrades that anyone would suggest besides barrel?

yamaha cow
05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
hopper, expansion chamber

Hob Hayward
05-03-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd say get an MR2 if you want an e-trigger, if not just the MR1, for ups, a good barrel would work, plus say a decent loader, other than that, spyders come pretty good stock.

wayleft
05-04-2006, 09:41 AM
I have an MR2 and my buddy has an MR1.
first you don't NEED to upgrade the barrel. The MR1 is pretty accurate. My friend is a really good marksman and can consistently put paint on a 4 sq inch target at about 30-40 ft. Im an okay shooter (reads real rifles) and the MR is more accurate with the stock barrel than I am using any paintball gun.
The MR1 with Co2 and a Revvy will be a great gun for scenario or recreation speedball.

ooglieboogliebob
05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
^^... stock barrel is the worst barrel possible you can have ..

how about you try to shoot something from 100 feet away... target practice shouldn't be so close ...

Co2 is something that spikes consistantly ... can go left/right/corkscrew ... fast then slow ... all sorts of things ... a good barrel helps lots ...

Also with bad paint .. corkscrewing could be an even larger problem ... your gonna need a barrel thats good .. 20-30 dollar range .. to get exceptional accuracy

new_Faction64
05-04-2006, 12:41 PM
^^... stock barrel is the worst barrel possible you can have ..

how about you try to shoot something from 100 feet away... target practice shouldn't be so close ...

Isn't that called long balling? (this doesn't apply to the Flatline/APEX IIRC)

ooglieboogliebob
05-04-2006, 12:51 PM
... sort of ... but i was just trying to prove a point ... you really should be able to hit a target from 80 feet away a continuous amount of times ... good accuarcy = skill

Sn1p3r
05-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Thx all, but listen to this, Its either (HALO B + 20oz Tank) or (48 300 compressed air + Richochet Rhino)

QuiGonKen
05-08-2006, 04:32 PM
howdy
just like to say im lovin' my MR1

anyways um try getting used gear...its a lot cheaper but it takes a bit longer.... and instead of the rhino or the halo, try going in the middle lol get the Revvy, i mean the MR1 is still a mech so its not goin to shoot too fast...if u get the MR2 u might have to get a halo or reloader or vlocity...

i was thinkin of gettin the rhino b/c of the price but it may kill ur batteries considering it agitates continuously, the revvy only agitates when there is no ball in the raceway...

..if u look on local forums ull probably be able to find a player sellin their revvy for less than MSRP, (if u do this try picking the item up in a public place rather then shipping, to avoid gettin' scammed)

i got mine for $25...

u can also get a air tank for under $100 (but when buying tanks used, make sure its got plenty of time left before the Hydro date)

but if the places u go have CO2 just get a co2 tank it'll do the job fine

-QGK

oldnewb
05-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I just got the MR1 and I'm damn impressed with it. If you're considering this marker, you're on the right track, at least for woodsball or scenario play. My impressions after 1 full day of play:

- I broke a ball right away on the first game, but after a quick squeegee, I never had any problems with it for the rest of the day.

- I did have one curious double feed, but that was on the target range and not in a game. I checked my detent, and it was one of the newer black ones, still intact. I hear they're pretty good, so I'll hold off on buying a box full of aftermarket detents for now.

- I wasn't super impressed with the accuracy and range at first, but D'oh! It turns out my velocity was way down. I went to the range, chrono'ed it, tightened the velocity adjuster until the marker started firing about 280, and man did that gun shoot beautifully. I'm still probably going to go get myself an aftermarket barrel just to see if I can get it even more accurate. I read in an APG review of the gun that the stock barrel is fairly large bore, but in any case, the barrel seemed to agree with the cheap paint I got at the field.

- The stock has a nice feel to it, but there's no way I could get my mask behind the gun low enough to sight over the top. I'll probably try cutting the top rail of the stock like I saw in one of the other threads... hopefully it doesn't make the stock way too springy and fragile though.

- I'm not planning on going electronic just yet, so my old gravity feed hopper seems to be okay so far. Still, the MR1 can easily keep up with my trigger finger (which admittedly isn't the same as an e-trigger, but I can still fire a fusillade of paint if needed).

- The whole gun seems a bit long once you have the barrel and stock on it, so it was a bit hard to swing around quickly. However, that may be just because I'm not used to it. Like I said, it's a new gun for me, and my old one was a bit more compact, so that was what I was used to.

- Not super thrilled with the sight rails. I would have preferred to see dovetails instead, but that's just because all my old sights were sized for dovetail rails. Anyone know of where I can find some kind of adaptor so I can switch over one of my old sights to the MR1?

- The magazine-style foregrip is not the most comfortable to hold, but it looks damn cool.

- I got a few oohs and aahs on the field, since it's still a fairly new marker, and not everyone has seen one yet. It's definately an eye-catching design, although in the future, I'd like to see some aftermarket accessories made for the MR1 so that I can customize the look once people get used to seeing these on the field. First of all, I'd like to see some kind of barrel cover that bulks up the front end of the gun and makes it resemble an assault rifle or sci-fi weapon a bit more. Actually, strike that. I'd like to see some aftermarket stocks made for the MR1 that would look cool, AND allow me to tuck my head behind the gun better... THEN I'd like to see some barrel covers. Combine the two, and you've got a seriously badass looking marker.

- Oh, and the price was pretty good too. I've been out of the sport of paintball for the better part of a decade, and this marker is the first one I've purchased since way back in the pump gun days. Nice to see that I don't have to drop a crapload of cash to get back into this sport and still have a marker I'm pretty proud of.

Mafia_Boss
05-27-2006, 10:01 AM
My Mr only takes about three shots to hit a pop-can about 30 ft away but again ike dragon said its 80% skill. Conclusion I would say if you want a fairly acurate gun thats not too expensive the Mr-1 is for you.

kies
05-29-2006, 06:46 PM
do you go to flagraiders?

kies
05-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Why do you have to change the barrel? Is it because it looks gay or is it just unaccurate?
and if so what barrel do you switch it to?

tater_salad
06-13-2006, 05:13 PM
my mr1 with the stock barrel aint accurate at all it shoots stright about 1 in every 10 shots itll go way left or right or go like 30 feet and hit the dirt or go straight then just rise up then sometimes it shoots straight

Frat
06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
my mr1 with the stock barrel aint accurate at all it shoots stright about 1 in every 10 shots itll go way left or right or go like 30 feet and hit the dirt or go straight then just rise up then sometimes it shoots straight

your paint to bore size is off sounds like the paint is too small.

paintballkid0206
08-06-2006, 10:00 AM
If you want something electronic than get a Spyder Pilot w/ACS